Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Customer Service  (Read 85044 times)

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Great Customer Service
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2012, 09:34:55 pm »

This is nothing to do with model boats, but it must be something of a record. I sell some rather special double edged jigsaw blades in my shop and on Ebay. I'd run out of stock and my usual wholesaler is on holiday. So, at ten o'clock this morning I emailed MPS the manufacturer in Germany to ask for details of a local distributor. Not much over an hour later I had a phone call from one of their agents, and by one o'clock he had delivered the blades!

Not bad, eh?
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2012, 09:44:04 pm »

Mike at Maccsteam, had a problem with the burner on my 3.5 inch horizontal boiler, it kept 'striking back'. I phoned Mike for advice at about 4 30, and a new burner arrived the next day about 10 30, sorted in 18 hours flat! Cant argue with that. :-)) :-)) :-))
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

geoff p

• Full Mayhemer
    • Purple Tiger
« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2012, 09:45:19 pm »

May I add Chris at RDG Tools http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/ to your list of noteworthy suppliers.

I enjoyed a pleasant repartee with him whilst arranging payment.  That done, the goods arrived one week later.  Well done that firm!

Geoff,
Thailand

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2012, 08:49:04 am »

Three more for the list:-

4D Modelshop http://www.modelshop.co.uk/   - Goods ordered pm Tuesday and delivered am Wednesday.

A J Reeves www.ajreeves.com -  Goods ordered late Friday Afternoon and delivered noon Saturday.

Royal Mail - Without whom none of the above firms' actions would have been successful.

What also marked the first two out was the emailed confirmation of receipt and dispatch of order. This is in contrast to those outfits who take your order and then fail to mention that they are out of stock. The booby prize must go to the one who, when asked why he did not tell me that he was out of stock and not expecting any in the near future, replied "Well, you never asked me". Some people deserve to fail.

Barry M

pettyofficernick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Marineville will be destroyed, Muahahaha.....
« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2012, 09:10:39 am »

Proxxon Direct, I ordered a replacement Micromot drill at 15 00 on Tuesday, It arrived at 08 15 Wednesday, That is just over 17 hours from order to delivery! :-)) :-)) :-))
What I do is best not discussed, for I have been many things in my time....

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2012, 11:15:43 pm »

Nothing to do with model boats, but I needed a new condensation pump, and shopped around for a good price.  Found and ordered via a eBay company.  Not express delivery, but a sensible price.  When the estimated day had passed and no postman bearing a box I asked for an update on the dispatch.  The following day, an admission of a clerical muckup with the order, and a UPS tracking link.  Turned up the next working day.
Perhaps not an amazing story until you consider the name of the company.  Ryan Air.  If only the airline of a similar name would admit to creating a problem and make amends without a court order.............
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2012, 07:25:08 am »

Another one with good service for the steamers amongst you
http://www.forest-classics.co.uk/

Excellent customer service, and very helpful
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2012, 12:53:42 pm »

was going to put this on my latest lifeboat build, but then thought it would help many more than look at my waffle if I put it in chitchat.....

ordered my grp supplies (inc. 20 kilos of resin and 10 kilos of matting and gelcoat amongst other things), late Friday afternoon from Glasplies, Southport and it was delivered this morning befor 10.30am....£6 quid in total........now that to me is excellent service.
neil.

rickles23

• Full Mayhemer
    • Royal Navy Commandos
« Reply #308 on: July 10, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

Hi,
I went on the Model Dockyard website to order two 27 foot whalers, 1:72 scal, but they only had one in stock.
I sent an email asking to be informed when more arrived as I needed the two.
Within a half hour an email comes back advising me that due to a delivery there were more available.
Back to the site, ordered the two whalers, job done.

http://www.model-dockyard.com/

The parcel arrived today, in Australia, very well packed and no way was anything going to harm the contents with the amount of packing material inside.

I will be ordering more from this website!

Regards

chuffy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2014, 09:25:02 am »

Beat this!

I ordered a battery ( 9.6v- Molex KK plug) for my F14 twin stick at 3.50pm yesterday and it dropped through the letterbox at 8.25am this morning. The pack would have had to be made up and the plug fitted, packed and posted and transported from Llanllechid to Raunds, both places a bit of the beaten track so to speak.

Brilliant service from them and the PO.

Paul.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the length of your reach.

davidjt

• Full Mayhemer
  • north wales coast
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2014, 12:51:00 pm »

hi ,
sent a faulty speed controller back to mtroniks on Friday, got replacement today with no charge, and that is with me putting spade connectors on, no quibbles, I think that is great customer service  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) and would recommend fully.

david

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #311 on: June 25, 2014, 05:48:08 pm »

I ordered 5 receivers from GiantShark (the old GiantCod).
1 was faulty so emailed them over the weekend.
Had a phone call from Graham today, another receiver on its way.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Great Customer Service - ALEC TIRANTI
« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:38 pm »

Via email to Mayhem...

I would like to give some positive praise for a company that I have had the pleasure of dealing with for the past 28 ( yes twenty eight) years with nothing but fantastic service, for every one of those 28 years.

in 1994 when I retired from teaching I bought some tools with my lump sum so that I could develop the now well known kit of the Ann Letitia Russell lifeboat that Dave Metcalf still sells to this day.

One of these tools was the Centricast casting system and cost me in total with VAT included just a smidgen over £1500.00p in 1994.

Had I not bought this and been taught by both the company and my mentor Frank Hinchliffe on how to make the moulds and cast them the model of the ALR and subsequent kits that I have developed over the years, would not have been developed and produced.

That little centrifugal caster was a lifeline to my sanity when I suffered depression and an invaluable help to my modelling, and never ever in the 28 years of ownership did I ever have a single tiny problem with it, and to this day runs like a Swiss watch, it is so smooth.

On Monday I rang the company up because I have decided that after the lifeboat I am about to build will be my last scratch build model, I have no further need for this equipment, as the last model the ferry I built I used hand moulded gear to replicate the small number of fittings. I decided on Monday to sell the whole set up, and so contacted the company in Reading.

I was told that the man who builds the machines would be in on Wednesday and if I emailed my details he would see if anyone wanted a second hand system. On Wednesday afternoon he emailed me to say that a gent from Hastings who does a lot of hand castings was looking for a second hand system as he could not afford the price of a new setup with the extras I have, costing £2300.00 in today's price, and passed on his details with the mans permission, to me.

That company is ALEC TIRANTI Ltd, of 3 Pipers Court Berkshire Drive, Thatcham, RG19 4ER , 0845  1232100.                     

They have never let me down in all those years. They cannot be praised enough!!!
And today I sold it to a good home.

Now that is absolutely fantastic service!  :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.