Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Customer Service  (Read 85026 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Great Customer Service
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2007, 12:44:03 pm »

We have only just had 80 postings on "Why don't some Model Shops answer emails?".
It gets a little wearing dont you think?
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2007, 02:33:23 pm »

OK, I'm going to let the proceeding post stand as they are valid issues but please lets restrict ourselves to GOOD Customer SERVICE in this  particular topic.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

banjo

« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2007, 02:48:25 pm »

Martin at Westbournes must have been busy filling my order...
I emailed it thro' on Friday and it came in this mornings post!!
Hows that for good service?
I always ask if its in stock..then if not ask for an email when it is..then I can look out for it in the post....
I'm not much interested in being told its not there...

alan

Tom Eccles

« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2007, 05:54:39 pm »

Specifically for Dicky D

I would suggest that if you have nothing POSITIVE to add to a string you should just read it and move on.

I may be missing the point here and if I am I apologise but it seems to me that WE are the CUSTOMERS her and as such have a right to good customer service and only by highlighting the weaker aspects can we encourage traders to improve.

I wish to make clear that I have no axe to grind either for or against Westbourne models Everything I have previously heard about them has been positive. THAT is why I placed my order with them and THAT is why I raised my comment.

Perhaps I am doing wrong, if so I would welcome the advice of our Moderator but I do not take too kindly to people attempting to stifle debate AND IMPROVEMENT OF SERVICE TO US by dribbling in one liners.

Regards to all

Tom Eccles

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2007, 06:28:12 pm »

Tom

I think that Dicky D was just making the point that this subject has already very recently been done to death on another thread of which you were perhaps not aware.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2007, 06:48:15 pm »

Thanks for that Tom. Hope you feel better now.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2007, 07:36:06 pm »

hi all

Hows this for good customer service.

The guy who has just acquired ACTion and is running the business now - I rings this guy up at 11.30 a.m. on a Sunday morning - I says to him - hey mate I just fried one of your chips in one of your mixers and he said hey its Sunday you shouldnt have been frying chips - you should be having roast beef and Yorkshire puds!   Guess what arrived this morning at 10.30 a.m. in the post......brand new replacement chip for the mixer - that is good service - he must have posted that Sunday shortly after my phone call for it to reach me by 10.30 a.m. I thought he'd driven up with it in his car, as I wasnt expecting it until Tuesday or Wednesday - that speaks volumes for service.    

I can see plenty business coming his way from me.

aye
john e
bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

spoons

« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2007, 07:47:39 pm »

Hi all as we are singing the praises here i would like to say that I have had nothing but top notch services from both westbourne and Sirmar (old and new). Barry and Martin have always been a great help to me when i have ordered off of them and it is my understanding that they are always very busy(which in my mind is a good thing) but are always more than happy to stop what they are doing for a chat.
The same can be said about Paul at Sirmar/Psships, I can say truthfuly i would not be making such great progress with my illustrious if it wasnt for paul ansewering all my questions (no matter how silly) and emailing me pictures so help explain, again another top notch bloke who i now consider a friend always willing to help.
Stu

DARLEK1

« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2007, 08:01:35 pm »

Hi all, I'm new here, but, my dealings with shops and trade has differed over the years, but, the best ones that come to mind are Westbourne's, Slipway, Deans, Sirmar and Psships before he took over Sirmar, since then he's even better. But, all the above I have mentioned have been brill!
 Luke.

Tom Eccles

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2007, 01:45:53 pm »

Further to my earlier rantings on this subject (sorry about that but it IS important)
I would like to second what bluebird said about ACTion.

I contacted them over the weekend via e-mail. Late on Sunday after a few inane queries from me Dave sent me a wiring diagram. On Monday I placed my order and all parts arrived today. Great!!!

All I have to do now is work out how everything goes together(thinks, what does v+ mean???....)

Regards to all
Tom

Captain Povey

« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2007, 03:11:37 pm »

My top award goes to Malcolm at Cornwall Model boats. Very knowledgeable, very helpful and has a stock of parts that get delivered superfast at reasonable prices and rates. :)

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2007, 03:16:05 pm »

well i think reade plastics deserve a pat on the back !- ordered some stuff online, paid by paypal and goods were on the  door mat within 36 hours !

fantastic service, well packed , and nice items- and superfast delivery !
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2007, 06:14:12 pm »

Thanks to Full Leather Jacket (Action electronics) for great service, ordered mid morning yesterday, goods arrived today!

He also contacted me to say we had forgotten to include some items, and did I want them adding to the order and managed to get them in the same delivery.

Oh yes, and the 5% mayhem discount!

Thanks Dave.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2007, 09:50:09 pm »

well i think reade plastics deserve a pat on the back !- ordered some stuff online, paid by paypal and goods were on the  door mat within 36 hours !

fantastic service, well packed , and nice items- and superfast delivery !
Yep, I'd like to second that. I wanted some small parts but one thing and another they didnt arrive. I contacted Malcolm and he actually offered to send the parts free of charge. The non delivery wasnt Malcolm's fault and ! didnt think it fair in the circumstances to accept his generous offer.

Everything was sorted quickly and payment made! Good service all round.

sinjon

• Sinjon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2007, 03:52:35 pm »

Hello,
I had ordered some 2.7mm stringing line (deck planking) from Craft Supplies, 15 packs of 10x1m.
Unfortunately some widths were undersize, I phoned them, and they were just so helpful, sending me 80m free of charge, & I can keep all the undersize strips.
The company is - craft-supplies.co.uk, and they do widths of 'stringing line' at 1.5mm, 2.7mm, 3.4mm & 6mm

Colin

At the forth attempt to send me what I wanted, they finally gave up and said they were out of stock. I am now getting it from Modelling Timbers.
The phrase about counting chickens springs to mind.
Colin

Daryl

« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2007, 10:04:37 pm »

Fulleatherjacket Action electronics, excellent help and advice a pleasure to deal with. Outstanding service, very highly recommended. Quality products and good prices , excellent delivery and very good advice. Who could ask for more.

Daryl

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2007, 09:37:49 am »

Thanks to PaintSprays.co.uk
Ordered my Plasti-cote primer 8.00 am yesterday, delivered 9.00 am today.

http://www.paintsprays.co.uk/catalog/index.php

Their site is well worth a look for paints polishes adhesives and dyes.

No connection jusst a very satisfied customer

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2007, 12:47:20 pm »

ACTion.
Ordered 3 speed controllers and mixer yesterday, arrived today.
Had a chat to Dave too, almost a pleasure spending money!!
Good product, excellent customer service, nice feller and an active member on here who could ask for more?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Robert Davies

« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2007, 05:03:32 pm »

Hobby Corner, Wrexham. http://www.hobbycorner.co.uk

A very highly regarded bricks 'n' mortar shop that do very nicely at mail order supply by all accounts :)

Help and advice freely given...

Will do their very best to get the best solution for your needs at the best price.

I recently snaffled a 2.4ghz Futaba 6EX from them, I researched all around the world for the best price - only to find it was 800yds from my front door!! - Not all Local Hobby Shops are created equal, and this one is definitely more equal than most. Still a family business in these days of multis and conglomerates.

Highly recommended - No connection with them - except that they have managed to relieve me of considerable sums of money over the years! Which is no small achievement in itself :D

-Rob

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2007, 05:14:20 pm »

Axminster Power Tools.
Ordered Epoxy resin yesterday pm arrived in post 10.00am today.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=23719

Excellent service.

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2007, 05:30:09 pm »

Axminster Power Tools.
Ordered Epoxy resin yesterday pm arrived in post 10.00am today.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=23719

Excellent service.

an old uni mate works for them ,  he gets me staff discount too !- axminster are very good, their proxxon stuff is ok too, but a little on the dear side...
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

Tom Eccles

« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »

I want to add to the great comments I have been reading about ACTion Electronics and Dave Milbourn.

I freely claim to have the electrical knowhow of a demented whelk. Dave has been incredibly patient at answering my queries and the service and delivery really are first class.

He has now broken all records by sending me an item which I expected to collect at Ellesmere port.
I cant wait to meet Dave. He is a credit to ACTion and people like him are a huge bonus to a forum like this.

Tom

meridian

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2007, 04:31:04 pm »

I've just noticed a few references to Westbourne Model Centre and JJC units. I too have had a JJC sound unit on order with Westbourne since June 3rd and they are simply unable to supply because they themselves are not being supplied by JCC. I order regularly from Westbourne and have recently placed two further orders with them and have received the goods quickly and efficiently. I have decided to keep the JJC unit on order with Westbourne because I believe it is the best one for my particular application and I am unlikely to be able to get one anywhere else. In any case the boat sails perfectly well without sound it's just that sound will hopefully add to the enjoyment.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2007, 04:44:48 pm »

Meridian I should give Martin at Westbournes a gentle reminder because he has had some in just lately but is still waiting for some to be delivered. I am waiting for one too.

meridian

« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2007, 05:06:23 pm »

Hi DickyD

I did talk to Martin last week and the units that they had received were slave sound units not the master units, which they are stilll waiting for and which I have on order. Hopefully we'll get our units soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.