Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Customer Service  (Read 85036 times)

AlanB

Re: Great Customer Service
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 12:34:21 pm »

Big mention to Jim Casey of JJC Electronics

First class service and nothing is too much for him.

I bought one of his products from Scoonies and it was not right for the job,
so I phoned Scoonies and they did not have the one I wanted.

A quick email to Jim and he sent me the correct one before I even got the
old one back to him in the post.

Now that is customer service.

Captain Pugwash

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 11:56:27 am »

I am new to the forum and have been perusing the various boards and find complaints

Martin

Can we have a section on good customer service - this tends to be neglected.

One recent example was George Turner Models - I was building one of his canal boats and accidently binned some window frames.

On contacting the company they sent me a new set free of charge which I thought was very generous - did not even have to pay postage

George will receive further orders from me - my better half was asking what I wanted for a forthcoming pressent and I gave her George's website details

Stavros

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 05:45:17 pm »

Pandan Models definatly had some bits damaged in the post replacements sent out immediatly no questions asked brilliant service A+++++++

casper

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 06:53:58 pm »

Sheerline Model Submarines gets my vote, Chris will go out of his way to help.

Not, forgetting good old Westbourne. Premium Service

dannymax

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 04:10:46 pm »

Knocked off the protruding fronts of one of the anchors on a deans marines Melita... New set sent out free of charge

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 04:23:15 pm »

Sheerline Model Submarines gets my vote, Chris will go out of his way to help.

Not, forgetting good old Westbourne. Premium Service

here here!!!!!

if not for barry, where would we be? almost ALL of my gear is sourced from barry, from brass wire to esc's to propellers

Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

perkasa

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 04:44:24 pm »

Hi Captain Pugwash,

This section already does exist. Look further down the posts.

Pete.

Pointy

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2006, 01:59:16 pm »

Model Slipway,

Quick to depatch, will replace missing or wrong kit parts with no quibbles and will give building and painting advice. It also helps that their kits are so good as well.

GOGSAMWE

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006, 09:22:39 pm »

Robbe.......

Germany HQ ? (not UK !! )

I have had a few duff/poor quality parts and missing components in my Robbe Atlantis Schooner...

http://ukatlantisbuilder.blogspot.com/

That said, using their main Robbe Site, and their "contact us"? link, they have always replaced the items, in around a week and free of charge......

I cannot fault their service, ;D

Steve

Bob Russell

• Shipmate
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 09:04:08 pm »

I have had nothing but excellent service from all British model boat suppliers over the years...in no particular order....Jotika, Model Slipway, Model Dockyard, Westbourne Model Center, Electronize Design, Action, Hunter Systems, Sirmar, Speedline,.....all first class in prompt dispatch of orders and after sale service second to none.....You should be happy chappys to live in a country with so many top notch traders. Bravo Zulu!

flybobby

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 09:15:48 pm »

Model Slipway,

Quick to depatch, will replace missing or wrong kit parts with no quibbles and will give building and painting advice. It also helps that their kits are so good as well.
The Model Slipway gets my vote ;) I am currently builing their Hiab seacrane which is excellent, and have the large rib from the drumbeat waiting when finnished.  Goods are quickly dispatched, service is excellent, build instructions are easy to read.
When I am ready to purchase my next boat kit, guesss where I will be going. ;)

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 09:29:05 pm »

Hello all, I've used Anglia Model Centre a couple of times recently (now the local model shop has closed) and have been extrememly impressed by their knowledge and courtesy. the orders were dispatched sameday (even though I was tardy in placing them) afely delivered. The Royal Mail should also get some praise here as it is almost the whole length of the country to cover and the packages arrive before I set of to work the following morning. Excellent service, thanks lads.

cheers

Jim
Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you

Eddy Matthews

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2006, 09:50:27 pm »

My vote definately has to go to Scoonies in Scotland - Andy and Jim give fantastic service!

No quibbles if something is faulty - although that has only happened once in over ten years of using them! And the bit I like the best, they will always give TOTALLY honest advice, even if they actually talk you out of buying something that wouldn't be right for the job! How many suppliers will refuse a sale rather than give a part that isn't right? Not many I'll bet!

Scoonies would be closley followed my Model Dockyard in Truro, fantastic mail order (as are Scoonies), and they keep you updated with regular emails to tell you about delivery.

Regards
Eddy

gary r uk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 10:26:07 am »

Guys
My vote goes to Quaycraft, Wayland is the man he is very helpful and has very quick turn around & WEM they rock as well
cheers
gary rowe
BPMBC
SAILING WITHOUT FAST ELECTRICS PRICELESS

flybobby

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 11:00:54 am »

A MODEL WORLD gets a big thumbs up too.  Excellent customer service and speedy delivery  ;)

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2006, 03:37:54 pm »

George Sitek Scale Brass Propellors. Excellent speedy service.

Barrie

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2006, 11:09:54 am »

Westbourne Models always helpful
Pandan. Ordered Wednesday PM delivered Thursday AM. Thanks to Post Office as well.
Richard
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2006, 01:10:19 pm »

Howes Models,
I ordered 3 recievers yesterday lunchtime, here this morning, SUPERB!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Holmsey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2006, 10:21:08 pm »

There seems to be a few key suppliers, Sirmar, Westbourne, Model Dockyard and JJC.

JJC's Jim swapped a sound module for me. It had been used, no box and my reason for wanting it changed was because I preffered a different sound. How good is that? He's even going to make up interfaces for his own kit and for relay switches to work with Robbe expansion modules!!!!!

Model Dockyard foe effieciancy and speed.

Westbourne for the same and they are very helpfull. It's allways nice to go to a shop as well!!!!

PSShips for customer support
Paul of PSShips has been a great help and an inspiration to me. I have seen his models on the website and when I saw his Arleigh Burke Flight IIa hull I thought I will get that and the rest from Sirmar. I had many email chats with him and he rang me twice. I bought the whole kit from him with the promise of any help I needed. He is making more detail parts and has sent me about 250 photos of the original and his own models under construction.
He later told me he had bought Sirmar so things can only get better!!!

If you like general model shops go to Hannants in Lowerstoft. It's the size of a football pitch (no remote models though)

Holmsey

Travelling_Man

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2006, 09:41:06 am »

I'm fairly new to the hobby so I can't really comment on everyone like some of the people here, but can only comment on my actual experinces...

I bought my first kit (completed) off Paul at PSSHips and I wouldn't hear a bad word said about him. His price was excellent, he kept me informed every step of the way with emailed photographs everytime he made progress on my kit (a 1/96th Perry, USS Copeland). As he progressed he told me what he was doing and why... he even invited me down for a visit to his home so that I could see my build in progress and the others he was in the midst of!

Now I live in China, have done for the last 6 or 7 years, so I was a little concerned about the delivery. The final product was so well packaged that it would have had to be so badly handled to have caused even the slightest amount of damage! Paul was even so still so concerned that he was even making long distance calls to my home to se if it had arrived yet, to ensure that it had got there safely... now THATS service.

When it did arrive I have to say I was speechless. I'm a stickler for quality, but even I was stunned at the high quality finish and detail that Paul had put into the model..

I've had a few bits and pieces off him since and they have always arrived quickly and exactly as promised. Hes happy to answer any questions (no matter how STUPID, and boy do I sometimes ask stupid questions!)

I'm saving like mad to try and buy a 2nd vessel from him, an Arleigh Burke, and cannot think of any reason why ANYONE would want to buy a completed kit from anyone else!!!

Paul isn't just a supplier, you'd see if you bought from him, he treats you more like one of the family!!!

I bought some universal joints from Don at Loyalhanna, very quick delivery for international postage!!

Having said that, I do have some past experience of buying from Chinese suppliers

TJ Models in Guangzhou, bought a kit off them to build myself. Slow going due to lots of problems with lack of build instruction details, missing parts, wrong parts supplied etc etc etc. TJ's have re-issued the drawings and instructions and replaced most of the wrong parts, but also have ignored a lot of the questions and queries (with regards to parts) that I have asked them. That build is still continuing but EVERY step reveals new problems with the kit for me to resolve.... I've also heard that there are a few people in the west waiting for their delivery LONGGGGGG after they'd ordered....

ARK models nr Shanghai, bought a completed kit off them. Now I don't want to go into any detail at this time as we have supposed to have come to a resolution to our dispute (enough said??). We agreed an arrangement in Dec but am still awaiting ARK to uphold their end of the agreement, all I get is delays - delays - delays!!! Think that if I'm honest I don't ever expect them to come good to their word!

I have pictures and documents of the build of the ship supplied by Paul, my build of the Sovremenny from TJ's, and the item supplied by ARK if anyone wishes to see any more details on what I have already spoken about.

Cheers to you all and happy building   ;D

Macsmouldings

• Martin
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Supplier of Larger Scale Modelling Accessories
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2006, 08:12:41 am »

As someone who is just starting out in the supply side of our hobby, it is always nice to receive good feedback (which i have been lucky to have so far). It is fantastic to read all the good comments being written about all the UK suppliers especially Paul from PSShips (who I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet, put nodout will in the future) Good luck to you Fella , well done and thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Martin.
Supplier of Larger Scale Modelling Accessories

oyotter

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2006, 07:41:48 pm »

I have bought three models from Paul Simpson at PSSHIPS all built to an extremely high standard.  Recently I had an accident with two of them, HMS WELSHMAN and HMS COSSACK, resulting in damage to the masts.  When I told Paul about this he said "No problem, bring them back".  I took them to his workshop and he spent the next three hours repairing them as good as new.  When I asked what I owed him the reply was "Nothing - no charge for repairs".  THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I have since ordered another model from him.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2006, 09:48:25 pm »

Paul,
I got a few models needing repairs, any chance of some future customer service.............................................................

Bob
Officially a GOG.

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2006, 10:13:41 am »

A very big hurrah for Model Slipway......

Aziz is a wonderful kit, but I cocked up the waterslide transfers. I e-mailed Jackie asking for price of replacements on Sunday night. Waiting for me in the letter box this morning was a brand new set.

Tim the Wombat.
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2006, 10:32:36 am »

anybody want to praise Deans Marine?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 23 queries.