Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JJC Sound Modules  (Read 2644 times)

corrado

JJC Sound Modules
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:45:48 am »

Hello all,
I'm hoping somebody can help me with my faulty  High Performance V8  module.......seeing that it locks on full throttle after only a few minutes use, it has almost been thrown into the bin.....but now I ask the question:   If I buy the slave unit for a Ships Horn, can I bypass the V8 sound & just use it as a horn on a micro switch???

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: JJC Sound Modules
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:22:52 pm »

You can turn the volume of the master unit down and slave units have their own volume control.  O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 06:43:56 pm »

I was having similar problems with a Turbo Desiel sound module.
What typically happened in this case, was that under way, the steering servos drew enough
amperage to cause a voltage drop. The Sound module detected this as a shut down, and reset.
When the sound module resets, it does not know where center is, and just dials itself to full throttle.

Make a study of what you are operating when the sound module resets.
I solved the problem by running power from the battery  through the second side of a DPDT switch, and
then directly to the steering servos. So when the reciever power is turned on, it also turns on the servo power.

:)

titoneri

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 11:46:19 am »

Just to add JJC and no one really knows the truth has done a runner and no longer wants to know about what he sold or that it does not work which is a big shame because when it does work its fantastic stuff.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:28:13 pm »

;)Hi Guys. Reference JJC Turbo Cat Diesel  and slave unit should you want these units please contact Scoonies  Hobbies they have only the pair left. May be the last time you will be able to get these units JJC may never made again. O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.