Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Italeri 1/35th Schnellboote S100  (Read 11654 times)

swordfish fairey

Italeri 1/35th Schnellboote S100
« on: November 26, 2007, 06:53:54 pm »

I saw this in a flyer I picked up at the model show in hamburg this weekend, do we know about it??...........Looks good to me.........Smudge O0 O0

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Italeri 1/35th Schnellboote S100
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:10:21 pm »

Italeri are bringing out 3 new 1:35 kits in 2008

Schnellboote S 100 Prm Edition 

Mtm Barchino (With 1 Figure) Prm Edition

Slc Maiale (With 2 Figures) Prm Edition
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

wingertaz

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:25:02 pm »

Do we know when in 2008.

Gary

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 07:30:31 pm »

Not yet  O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

swordfish fairey

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:36:14 pm »

The Barchino & Maiale are already out. I have them sat on my modelling desk .........Smudge :D

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:35:41 pm »

at 1/35 the Barchino must be fairly small. It would make a nice, and rather different model at 2 to 3 feet long, though.

Leaky

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:06:41 pm »

Not yet  O0
According to Hannants the S boat is out in March O0
badly raised and ill mannered.

bigH

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 03:06:39 pm »

Have you seen the price on these things!   I should be so lucky

depaashaas

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 12:46:43 pm »

i have build the S100 a few years ago, from Revell. it is a RC model with a Kyosho 240 speed motor, 4,8volt 2100mah NIMHA accu, a robbe mini rokraft 5Amp speed controler, a mini servo for steering and a Hitec 2 channel receiver. i sail it on a local salt water lake and it went like the devil..... unfortunatly just a few minutes before the speed controler overloaded and it had to cool down for a few minutes. it raises 2/3 out of the water, and with a beautiful hek-wave (good English?)

i have got pictures, PM me if you want to see them. don't know how to put them in the message.  :'(

greetings from The Netherlands.

depaashaas

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 05:14:33 pm »

i found it out ! !  O0

here are my photo's of the S100 Revell 1:35 model. it was RC, but this days i had to use the gear for my new project, a Verlinden navy tug 1:87 scale. it is almost completed.

thanks and greetings from The Netherlands.

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:04:27 pm »

Hi Guys,
A mate sent me this link of the schnellboote at Nurenburg 2008. Looking good.

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2008/slides/Italeri_S-100_35_01.html

Scroll across to see further views.

Still no confirmed launch date
longshanks

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 01:27:25 pm »

Would like to see what the aftermarket will come out with since I would like to build one of the proposed S-700 variants with 4 tubes & additional armament.  I have a TJ S-100 but will certainly buy this new kit once its out.

Chuck

"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
Italeri S100 September Release Date
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 05:29:31 pm »

For all who've been waiting, Italeri will release their new S-100 in September.    O0

I saw the first article sample of their S-100 hull at today's Shanghai Hobby Expo.  What I saw looked VERY nice with riveting around the torpedo tubes & nicely molded features such as exhaust, intake & discharge ports in the hull, but was told final tooling revision work was being done before production starts this summer. 

Here are a few photos to wet your appetite! 

Chuck

"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

keef666

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 08:25:50 pm »

in case your wondering, this is what it looks like built and on water

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 05:38:06 am »

I took my S100 out on the water yesterday for the first time, run well apart from a glitch on the receiver....

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 09:49:50 pm »

Hi Guys,

Nice looking boats  :-))

May I ask what size motors you are using and does your boat rise up on the plane (Planning for the future).

Regards
longshanks

Robert Davies

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 10:16:35 pm »

I hope not...

They're not planing hulls, in fact designed not to.

There's also a downward sloping section over the props to further limit the stern sinking under power

-Rob

keef666

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 08:07:01 am »

hi guys, the motors in mine are 3x 385's, so it gives a scale speed, i think, if you check out the dutch boat sites, some great builds but they have their boats doing about 90 knots, but what the hell,  and the three motors drive the kits props, mini servo for steering three rudders, i have swapped the 15amp to a 20 amp viper, and use a 7.2 volt 4600 battery, so she runs for around an hour, had to do a lot of work on the kit correcting all the faults, and replacing all the plastic rails with graupner brass stanhions, and all of the other plastic gun stop rails with brass rod. pictures from new brighton boating lake

amdaylight

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 04:43:48 pm »

Greetings,

, had to do a lot of work on the kit correcting all the faults,

I am just starting mine and I was wondering what faults you found and what had you have done to correct them?

Andre
over yonder in Portland Oregon

brockya

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 04:49:54 pm »

Hi all
 Well you can't have too many Italeri E boats,  so here is my effort on its maiden voyage. I think the colour scheme looks good on the water, blends quite well. I have fitted the Cammett short rack and depth charges to liven up the stern, they are very good if a bit trickey to put on the supplied holding cords. Badly needs some crew figures, where did you guys get yours? Its the sort of boat you can improve on as time and money allow, very good.
Richard

brockya

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 05:13:58 pm »

Oh dear !!!! {:-{
Put a pic of the real depth charges on, this is the model ones, they look very accurate.
Richard

keef666

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 10:16:00 pm »

andre, were do i start, the skullcap weld lines are wrong, should be more weld seams on it instead, also should have revits around rear of the bridge, ammo locker boxes shouldn't have a slope on them, should be more box shape, water out lets in wrong place,  when you screw the hull together and fit the plug sand it flush with rest of the hull, as the keel didn't have any raised detail that italeri have put on, the handles for the hatches are wrong, there are other small faults like that which i can live with, but if you want to go on to www.finescale.com forums  under the ships threads there are people building and correcting most of the faults, also check out  www.modelshipwright.com, as they are doing the same, cammetts are doing resin correction, the depth charges, rail canvas and later on a s-38 conversion,  but in the end depends on yourself, if you build from the box and are happy thats all that matters

brockya

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:47 pm »

Hi Keef666
Could you tell me where you got your crew figures from??
Many Thanks
Richard

keef666

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 07:49:01 am »

well as nobody seems to do 1/35 th scale kreigsmarine figures yet! anyone!
 the ones i use are dragon figures, tankcrew, self-propelled gun crew etc,  that way you can change arms around,legs whatever to get some type of pose, some people
seem to go for the all out action pose, i like a casual type, i also change the heads for hornet ones,
italeri are bringing a set out any day now,  i will get set and have a mess around with them,
 forgot to say the large vent covers on later boats should be filled in, looking at italeri's kit and the 1/72 revell one you can see who's copied who
 any thing more see if can help, keith

keef666

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 11:01:21 am »

in reply to chris,  just seen your question, the mines are available in resin from a few firms germany and one from down under, but the cost, well put two on the boat, and you could buy another boat, i made mine from wooden balls you should fine in any good craft store, need to be 31mm dia, well give or take a 1mm, as the real ones on mine were 44inchs in dia, the horns are cocktail sticks with point filed down, and few washers, the trolley were made from kinder egg toys, but if make the square block type you can use balsa or plastic card, not counting buying the kinder egg chocalate, i have built three mines so far at cost of around £2.oo, hell a lot cheaper than the resin, o.k the resin might have bit more detail, but i am happy with them, and its a laugh down at the lake when people ask, wooden balls and cocktail sticks, i will dig some close up pics  of them, and post them
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.