Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FREE 50"CAT PLANS FOR PETROL OR NITRO  (Read 2321 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
FREE 50"CAT PLANS FOR PETROL OR NITRO
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:27:23 am »

Hi for those interested in scratch building i thought id post a link to some free downloadable cat plans ive made available to anyone who wants them.This cat is 50" long and would suit a petrol motor like the zenoah motors.heres the link to them they come as tiled plans or just as a normal pdf whichever you choose,enjoy.
http://sincitytrader.com/Uploader/files/1/cat_big__50_inch_tiled.zip

http://sincitytrader.com/Uploader/files/1/catplans.zip

RipSlider

Re: FREE 50"CAT PLANS FOR PETROL OR NITRO
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 12:03:18 pm »

Thanks very much for these.

Because I'm a little thick, can you give me a brief over view of the construction process?

I'm not the best at working out how to build from plans.

Thanks

Steve

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 05:15:49 pm »

Hi i havent built this one as yet but plan to next year,there have been a few built so far and a mate is in the process of building it .there isnt that much to it really its all about getting the correct spacing of the frames then it all comes together pretty easy.The plans dont have any sheeting details on them for the hull so you will need to work this out for yourself,i find using cardboard and making templates from them a good way of getting things the right size then once your happy you can start to cut the plywood sheeting.ill post some pics later of the build process to give you some idea.Theres also a build thread on a dutch forum heres a link,even if you cant read it theres lots of pics on it  O0.Ronald is the designer of this cat and he modified his slightly to get the motor lower in the hull but told me he didnt need to do this and advised me not to so if you look at pics of his boat you will see it varies abit from the plans dont worry about this it should work out fine as it is.Heres apic of the finnished cat,hatches can be made to your own design.
http://www.xtremercboats.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9897&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

andi4x4

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:34:53 pm »

Hi Martin.

Had a look at these plans and the dutch site with the build thread,  Can't speak the lingo though !  {-)

I am hoping to get these plans printed out to about 40" scale for fast electric, probably brushless and lipo - any idea what would be a suitable material for that size ? I am thinking probably 3mm lightply for the formers and 1.2mm hot rolled ply with a glass cloth/resin outer for the skin - do you think that would be strong enough and light enough ?

Regards

Andi

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:24:54 pm »

Hi mate i wouldnt skin it with glass id just use 1/8" lite ply for the skin and coat the outside with epoxy,on the inside just use strips of glass on the seams.Im currently building a hydro from ply and thats all im using to build it,its a kit from zippkits checkout my build thread (rockett hydro).If you want to use glass on the skin maybe use balsa to sheet the boat then use cloth? to keep the weight down a bit but the ply is plenty strong once done the way i suggested.
Mart
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.