Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stavs Super springer  (Read 17336 times)

Stavros

Re: Stavs Super springer
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 08:00:21 pm »

The submarine is allready at your pond awaiting your arrival ;)
Stavros

Stavros

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2007, 07:11:58 pm »

Yeah ha she got her botty wet,and boy was it fun WHILST IT LASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blunder no1 me forgot teh batt for the springer at home BUT luckily on eof our lads had 2x6v 4amp batts in his car so to heck wiht it I sad lets run 12v boy was it fun,was it quick.........YES,was it manuverable.............boy oh boy was it, did it last .....................................NO >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
There it was going along nicely when DISASTER stuck,I only managed to strip the teeth on the drive leg so back to hte drawing board,BUT help is at hand cos me is now going to buy a new one from the Model dockyard,so watch htis space,

Stavros

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2007, 10:39:36 pm »

O0Congrats Stav, Stripped gear eh, too bad. Some things just arent meant to be :( Next................ ?!!!
..well can you land on this?

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2007, 10:56:00 pm »

Looks good on the water Stavros!

Any reports on manouverability?, pull?, the bow wave?....

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2007, 11:17:53 pm »

Last two pics shows the bulwark working and the roll looks about standard :o
..well can you land on this?

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2007, 12:31:38 am »

Yeah ha she got her botty wet,and boy was it fun WHILST IT LASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blunder no1 me forgot teh batt for the springer at home BUT luckily on eof our lads had 2x6v 4amp batts in his car so to heck wiht it I sad lets run 12v boy was it fun,was it quick.........YES,was it manuverable.............boy oh boy was it, did it last .....................................NO >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(
There it was going along nicely when DISASTER stuck,I only managed to strip the teeth on the drive leg so back to hte drawing board,BUT help is at hand cos me is now going to buy a new one from the Model dockyard,so watch htis space,

Stavros

hi stavros you said the gears striped on your drive unit. The unit you have was made for the model seabex1 if i am not wrong. This unit was delecet at the best of times, but since then graunper have made a new stronger unit . They rec there 720 tourque motor for it so you could use  your protech unit.

john

https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=1761
http://www.westbourne-models.com/erol.html#4094x0&&http%3A%252F%252Fwww.westbourne-model.co.uk%252FGraupner.htm

Welsh_Druid

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2007, 09:12:22 am »

Looks good on the water Stavros!

Any reports on manouverability?, pull?, the bow wave?....

Well it could spin continuously in its own length and it pushed my Northsider along sideways, and the bow wave was quite impressive. Shame about the drive problems later.

Don B.

Stavros

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2007, 11:37:40 pm »

It lives .....I think stripped down the drive unit today only to find that there was some 10mm play between the prop and the drive peg so me has concluded something has broken or fallen off so the bottom cog was moving away from the other,so made up the difference with washers!!!well had to use something so testing will probably take place on Thurs in the bosses pond,ssshh don't tell him

Stavros

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2008, 11:11:02 am »

It lives .....I think stripped down the drive unit today only to find that there was some 10mm play between the prop and the drive peg so me has concluded something has broken or fallen off so the bottom cog was moving away from the other,so made up the difference with washers!!!well had to use something so testing will probably take place on Thurs in the bosses pond,ssshh don't tell him

Stavros
the only boss round here is the wife   {-)
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.