Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe Dusseldorf  (Read 2400 times)

eskiserkan

Robbe Dusseldorf
« on: June 22, 2006, 11:48:23 am »

Hi . I'm looking for the photos of Robbe Dusseldorf . I'm deciding to purchase from this kit . But I need to see some photos of the parts such as hull and deck . Are they all pre trimmed (like Graupner kits) ? Before I purchased a Robbe Najade and cut all the parts of the kit . This was really hard to deal with . Does anyone have any knowledge about this model ? Thank you .

Landlubber

Re: Robbe Dusseldorf
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 05:07:17 pm »

Hi eskiserkan

I am currently building a Dusseldorf. The hull and cabin both required trimming & sanding of the edges, otherwise they are well-finished.

A lot of parts are die-cut in either ply or various thicknesses of plastcard-like sheet. Many wooden parts are quite difficult to cut out (no, you cannot just press them out) and all require finishing. Many (most?) parts have to be fabricated from brass rod/tube, ABS or wood supplied.

Also remember that there are 2 kits of extras to make the various features work - all adds to the cost. I will not make the dinghy rise & fall nor the crane rotate. Similarly I shall leave the anchor winch non-working. I do not think these are worth the effort. The monitors will be fully functional though!

All in all a nice kit with plenty of detail if you are not in a hurry. Hope you go ahead and purchase.

Apart from the Robbe website, the only picture (very small) I have found is on the Model Fireboats website:

http:www.modelfireboats.co.nr/

Regards

Landlubber

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:08:30 pm »

You can buy the plans from Robbe if you dont have any to follow - email their customer services.

Also there is a good site with lots of pictures of the full size Dusseldiorf original boat (not the model) this is useful for finishing the boat off

http://www.flb2.de/

Daryl

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 04:08:52 pm »

has anyone run this model with the motors recommended for it on 12v? I have noticed the Robbe site rates them at 6-9.6v.

Daryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.