Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water Inlet  (Read 5483 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Water Inlet
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 06:30:12 pm »

Yea i did think of trying the boat as is but she is a bit heavy at the back so im a little scared to be honest,im sure the speed will be a lot better but i think she will be to flighty.Wont get her out befor exmas so i thought why not just move it now ready for the new year.I might hold off doing it just yet and see if i get a chance to run it and see what happens .Glad to hear your Panther is close to your magic number thats good ,look forward to the video mate.A local fella just contacted me hes bought Daves mercury cat with a zen 7 that thing should motor so were gonna hook up sometime.This is his first boat ,hopefully it wont scare him too much lol  :o.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 08:30:21 pm »

Go for it, the throttle goes both ways, you can always back it off if it gets out of shape too much....

(Advice I should try to take on board sometimes...)

Glenn.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »

Go for it, the throttle goes both ways, you can always back it off if it gets out of shape too much....

(Advice I should try to take on board sometimes...)

Glenn.
yea i think ill test her out as she is first and see,maybe a little negative on the stut will help a bit.time for a bit of testing i think  ;).

Stavros

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 09:43:39 pm »

Hi Guys,

We've had notification of some unsafe / untested advice on this and other OMRA replated topics.

Please may we remind ALL Mayhemers that they must make it clear that any modifications or suggested changes offered are personal recommendations and not hard and fast fixes... unless of they have been tried and tested by yourself.

Along with with, if offering suggestions that may be difficult to "undo", please state clearly any possible consequences of recommend action.

Stavros - Topic Moderator.

catengineman

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 11:06:57 pm »

Hi guys,

I have not got any of the farst craft you chaps run but I have been reading this thread with interest. restricting the water flow on your engines is a very easy and adjustible item.  pop down to your local aquatic supply shop and get some air pump valves. these are adjusted by screwing down or up a tapered threaded valve. I think it would give you the adjustment you are after depending on weather conditions.

Now to throw some ideas to increase power which I dont know if it would work on model size engines but yes you need the cyl temp to be hot enough but then colder intake air gives out better performance (intercoolers)
could you have the first influx of your cooling water run around your intake filter then to the exhaust then to the jacket then out or am I getting this ALL wrong.
Forgive me for my ignorance of your type of craft I'll keep quiet if you think I should :-\

R,

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 11:32:54 pm »

Not at all Catengineman. You are correct in your statement, when the air is cold and damp is when the best power is made, most of the motors we use are unfiltered on the air inlet, the carb is open into the hull.

Not sure charge cooling would be beneficial, unless, of course, forced induction were being used.

Speaking for myself, all ideas are welcomed.

Glenn

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 12:08:18 am »

Hi Guys,
We've had notification of some unsafe / untested advice on this and other OMRA replated topics.
Thanks for that however this is a discussion forum, if someone believes a certain piece of information is unsafe then they should post in the thread, that way it reaches all that read the thread. Generalisations such as this do not promote discussion and do not highlight the allegedly suspect/unsafe items.

Other than that, good reminder however I believe that the gist of what you are saying is understood by forum members the world over.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 12:43:20 am »

Moderated - Admin       martno1fan  issued 30 day forum ban for forum abuse.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.