Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKARA CLUB  (Read 272940 times)

AC RAZOR 45

MAKARA CLUB
« on: December 07, 2007, 07:49:38 pm »

HI all mad makara men those in favour of a makara club,along with makara only racing days say yes,please post your makara pic here,and lets see how many we get....al O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: MAKARA CLUB
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 07:53:45 pm »

Hello
Heres My Pic's
Bill
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 07:58:56 pm »

Here is a you tube link to my 1st run. Bill
 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aob31iLFNV0
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

omra85

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:07:45 pm »

Although I am a member of the "totally sane, non Makara owning group", I thought you might be open to a suggestion.
When 'Z' class started one of the manufacturers - Dateline Marine offered an annual trophy for the highest score using one of his hulls.
I think someone should suggest the idea to Paul Firmin for the Makaras.
It could be part of the OMRA 'D' class championship, or if you're having your own races, ask him to sponsor the trophies.
Must be worth a phone call?
Danny

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 08:15:35 pm »

Hi danny thanks for your input,great idea but i cant see paul putting his hand in his pocket, but you never know if it sells him some more hulls, one never knows. he might just, like you said its only a call nothing to lose...lets see how many are interested first....al

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 08:33:26 pm »

He we are then!

Just picked up my trophies for 2007.

Guess who sponsored them?

Rubbin is Racin!

pete_486

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 08:34:07 pm »

hi i think there is a gathering of us now and it would be great to get a makara race together with either sikk or zenoah motors only.
what do you think?
by the way mine is the yellow one  ;D {-) O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 08:40:40 pm »

Well I have a Zen fitted in mine guess which engine I favour :D

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 08:44:09 pm »

Welcome ye mad makara me,and yes simon well done mate putting the makara on the map along with paul firmin,i am sure it still holds many unbeaten records in omra,well simon bill and all kingsbury is looking like the favourite venue, so i will try and sort it for next year ,,hopfully in warmer weather than we are having now,....al

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 08:49:28 pm »

Looking Good! Talking of which can any one get T- shirts with " Mad Makara Men/ Woman " on it???

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 08:55:32 pm »

i can probably get some made

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 09:02:41 pm »

I am looking forward to this Mad Makara Men/ women day out. Should be a whole lot of fun which brings me back to why I have got into boating. Having Fun. O0 BILL.

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 09:20:07 pm »

hi bill the mad makara man yes got it in one,thats what it is all about,all have fun....al {-) {-) {-)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 09:35:23 pm »

Done a bit of  work this week.  Taken the choke butterfly out of the carb, shortend the exhausts pipe a bit If the rain keeps of Sunday morn I will see if things have improved or not. :D

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 09:39:05 pm »

bill do away with the carb and run a modded 257 from barry bluefishy, it will rev alot better...al O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 09:48:09 pm »

Sounds good to me. I will stick for the time being till the engine has run in a bit more. The engine has only had a couple of hours ruining time I think.  :-\

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 10:16:50 pm »

SHE SOULD BE RIGHT NOW WITH A COUPLE OF HOURS UNDER ITS BELT, PETE PUT A MODDED 257 ON HIS ZEN IN HIS ARROW SHARK AND IT REVED ITS NUTS OFF....AL... O0

Blagmeister

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 10:18:11 pm »

Count me in! [if that's ok?]  Sounds like the ideal solution to me and even better than that, Kingsbury is my local water!!!

O0 O0

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 10:30:23 pm »

HI LIKE THE UNDER CONSTUCTION PHOTO,IF KINGSBURY YOUR LOCAL WATER YOUR  BANNED,AND WILL HAVE TO TRAVAL NORTH BY YOUR SELF TO RUN AGAINST THE CLOCK, ITS ONLY FAIR YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL AS WE DO,NO ONLY JOKING  {-) {-) {-) O0 WELCOME MAD MAKARA MAN :D....AND HAVE FUN...AL

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 10:52:59 pm »

Here Here. O go on then as Kingsbury is your local water maybe you would like to set up this great day's sport???
Enjoy buliding your Makara. It dose not take long. Bill. {-)

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 11:43:45 pm »

WELL THE RESPONSE IS LOOKING GOOD AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE WILL HAVE A GREAT DAY AT KINGSBURY THEN, I LOOK FORWORD TO IT.... O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 05:47:49 pm »

Just Seen the weather for Sunday. NOT GOOD >:( Still the Stevenage branch of the Mad Makara Men will be at the lake side in the morning :'( O0

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 06:00:05 pm »

Hi bill thats why we are mad, but it seems your madder than all of us put togher going out in the monsoons... {-) {-) {-)...mad al

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 12:02:40 pm »

Hello. The Stevenage branch of the Mad Makara Men has been out this morn. The Crab has loosened up so it's an engine out and strip down the crab to get at the fixing bolts. The joy of boating?? Oh yes the rain did hold off to get a tank full though the engine. O0

bigtee

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »

two more here !!!!
one running the sg 35 and the other a tuned 26 zenoah

many thanks tony 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.