Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKARA CLUB  (Read 276263 times)

AC RAZOR 45

Re: MAKARA CLUB
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 07:08:08 pm »

tony welcome aboard the mad makara gang..hope you can join us somtime next season for a bit of mad makara fun,hopfully at kingsbury..nice one...mad al O0

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 07:09:53 pm »

Hello. The Stevenage branch of the Mad Makara Men has been out this morn. The Crab has loosened up so it's an engine out and strip down the crab to get at the fixing bolts. The joy of boating?? Oh yes the rain did hold off to get a tank full though the engine. O0
nice one bill glad it stayed dry for you mate, well 2 more in the gang now with tony Big T  O0

bigtee

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 07:56:35 pm »

tony welcome aboard the mad makara gang..hope you can join us somtime next season for a bit of mad makara fun,hopfully at kingsbury..nice one...mad al O0
many thanks just tell me when and i will try to get there ,i may try to get one sorted out for down south  ::)
had a little throught on the racing , if it is decided only to run zenoah/ sikks i have the sg 35 in mine so how a bout a proper race with a rolling start behind a pace boat , and i will be the pace boat  :D all line up behine and i will peel off infield and let you all race , hows that sound  {-)

many thanks tony

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 08:33:45 pm »

sounds good tony i say kingsbury because its central, as my water is trafford water sports centre, at manchester, so when that was suggested simon and a few said how about something more central because of the traveling time, but its a option all in the early stages yet, be it will look well a gaggle of raging makaras on the water at once...mad al O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 08:40:11 pm »

Hello All
When ever we have this fun day out can somone stop the rain?
Bill  ::)
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 08:44:33 pm »

hi bill it wont be in winter thats for sure,but it has been really bad of late i to hate getting wet,fair weather boater thats me,...ill have a word with him upstairs  :angel: for you mate..al O0

ids987

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 05:34:15 pm »

i have the sg 35 in mine so how a bout a proper race with a rolling start behind a pace boat , and i will be the pace boat  :D all line up behine and i will peel off infield and let you all race , hows that sound  {-)

many thanks tony
Tony,

The orange boat with the SG 35 - that really is one mad Makara. I remember it at Bristol...

Ian

bigtee

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 06:43:54 pm »

hi ian ,not just a handfull but a big handfull O0

have had a full " little " problems this year and throught i had sorted out the carb problem at the docks but it came back to haunt me
then snaped a shaft at kings after just 8 laps !! :'( still thats what happens when you have no testing and use a race to test in
still should have it sorted out for next year and hopefull a new hull  :)

many thanks tony

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 07:48:15 pm »

Hello Mad Makara Men.
I have just inspected my  exhaulst manifold. Both the O rings are flat on one side and it passes water down the exhaust pipe. I have ordered some new rings. However dose anyone have a better way? / have any old exhausts manifold for my Zen 26 they want to sell ::) The pics are what I'm having trouble with. Cheers for your Help. ;D
Bill
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 07:50:25 pm »

Heres the manifold pic. :D

pete_486

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 08:21:14 pm »

hi Bill that manifold is ok its the one Al runs in his makara, but that pipe will not let you tune the exhaust pipe its to long.
you want a 90% header ask Al he's had one in a cobra, there's far to many bends for the exhaust gases to get round quickly.
oh and welcome Big Tee to the madness that a makara brings out in you {-) {-) O0

Pete

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 09:06:37 pm »

Hi Al. Thanks very much for you info. So if anyone has a 90" type for sale let me know.  :angel:

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 09:31:31 pm »

Sorry I ment Pete not Al

pete_486

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 09:38:38 pm »

yeah i know you did Bill no probs  {-) {-) {-) O0

Pete

bigtee

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 09:40:06 pm »

hi bill
i have an uncut 90 if you need it  :)
let me know

tony 

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 09:44:21 pm »

Hi Tony. Good Stuff. email me direct to let me know howmuch. O0

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 10:06:57 pm »

Hello Mad Makara Men.
I have just inspected my  exhaulst manifold. Both the O rings are flat on one side and it passes water down the exhaust pipe. I have ordered some new rings. However dose anyone have a better way? / have any old exhausts manifold for my Zen 26 they want to sell ::) The pics are what I'm having trouble with. Cheers for your Help. ;D
Bill
hi bill petes right the manifold is fine only use viton rings, the header get rid, and buy tony's, what pipe are you using..mad al :)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2007, 10:25:22 pm »

I'm not sure which make of pipe it is . It is very big, S/Steel. It went on sale down here and I got it at a bargin price. Wish I could remember the maker. It seems to keep the noise down very well. Looking forwards to seeing how much deferents a shorter pipe will make.  :D

pete_486

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 10:52:35 pm »

it should be 22mm to fit the exhaust, mine is so i think it's standard 22mm.
i shortened mine and it really does rev, the 90%, but my motor is a sikk, and i think a zen which i have in another boat would be a bit different but not that much.
what exhaust pipe are you running Bill?

Pete

pete_486

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 05:18:38 pm »

Blagmeister

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2007, 01:19:58 pm »

Well after a few days of mucking about trying to get some of the gelcoat flaws out of the hull, I have finally managed to get some primer and paint on it. Pics here when the paint job is finished..... Still waiting for the engine mounts and a load of other stuff. Bl**dy frustrating. I can order stuff from the states and it's here in 2 days. Order from the UK and it's a week plus. Go figure...!

Cheers

Phil

AC RAZOR 45

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2007, 08:53:32 pm »

hi Phil i know what you mean i am also waiting for part for my 60" cat build, nearly got them all in now, just pipe and header to come,that will be here Friday, then its all hands on deck to get the thing built...cant wait a new toy to play with he he he {-) {-) {-)  mad Al

bigtee

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2007, 08:57:51 pm »

bill sent you pm  O0

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2007, 09:04:31 pm »

Sent Paul Firmin an email a couple of days ago and asked him if he would like to contribute to a Makara day.

No responce yet.
Rubbin is Racin!

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2007, 09:06:29 pm »

Thanks Tony. What a Gent you are O0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.