Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: MAKARA CLUB  (Read 273006 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: MAKARA CLUB
« Reply #400 on: July 12, 2008, 12:11:52 am »

HI DE HI
I'm back , Its raining and for once I don't mind to much.
Yes Martin we stayed at the Hotel Roco marina just outside Cal egos. Small but nice?
See All you OMRA folks in Weymouth Sunday morn. Im off to my own bed now. Nite Nite. :-\ :-\
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #401 on: July 12, 2008, 11:09:29 am »

HI DE HI
I'm back , Its raining and for once I don't mind to much.
Yes Martin we stayed at the Hotel Roco marina just outside Cal egos. Small but nice?
See All you OMRA folks in Weymouth Sunday morn. Im off to my own bed now. Nite Nite. :-\ :-\
I know the hotel you stayed at we stayed at the marina skorpios hotel had our own beach and cove,it was absoluteley brilliant never had such good food in a hotel either,carvery every night diff meats and the rest of the food was great too.Weather here has been a joke but im not laughing ,havent had much time for boating its been so bad  >>:-(.
Mart

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #402 on: July 14, 2008, 08:32:53 pm »

Ok Big boys with their toys!!!! How many of you DAre to come to hte Mayhem Weekend in Wales and show your toys off

Stavros
Hello All you Mad Makara men.
Not one of my better day's out yesterday. As Simon say's " Thats racing"
Ok as the folks at Kingsbury have let us down for next Sunday. It's a reel pity me thinks. Well Done Phil for all your work on trying to get it all together. Thanks for trying.
Now Windermere is also OFF as well. How do you feel about going to the Mayhem weekend??? I am free and would be happy to Show & run during the Sat Sun 30th 31st Aug. But one boat on it's own is not going to cut it. Seem's we have lots of water to play with if we can get a rescue boat we have got just about all we need for loads of time on the water.
Stavros. Is there camping on Site? can you feel us all in with more detail, how much will it cost etc.
Cheers for now
Bill
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

gaznjant

« Reply #403 on: July 14, 2008, 09:17:51 pm »

bill... souds like a weekend me and the boys could come to ...long drive but could be up for it if there aint to many boats coming as we brand shiny new to the sport

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #404 on: July 14, 2008, 09:28:25 pm »

Hi There
Where about are you from?

gaznjant

« Reply #405 on: July 14, 2008, 09:33:41 pm »

we from plymouth . came to weymouth this weekend and enjoyed every minute of it !!! we camped at sealife centre ect

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #406 on: July 14, 2008, 09:41:53 pm »

Nice part of the Country.
Yes I stayed at Lodmore country park in a tent on Saturday night. I had a pitch next to Kurt. It's all good fun. Got very damp at night. I had to dry the tent out over the washing line today before I packed it up in its bag. We had the tent down by 7.45 am so didn't get a chance to dry on the spot. I needed a parking spot at the Pav and breakfeast.

gaznjant

« Reply #407 on: July 14, 2008, 09:45:55 pm »

kurt ? he the guy who races a green boat? tattoos ? we were in the corner. 3 tents down from him n his mates if thats the right guy

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #408 on: July 14, 2008, 09:51:46 pm »

Thats Kurt. I take it he was helping you out then? He knows his stuff but we havn't seen to much of him this year. It was nice to see him out.

gaznjant

« Reply #409 on: July 14, 2008, 09:54:36 pm »

we didnt bring our boat. we just came along to see what its all about as our boat isnt water ready yet. and i came home and ripped what i had done apart as it was all wrong !!! just got to do a decent electric box now and redo rods then spray her up.... we had the blue tent in the corner with the purpley coloured shed of a car

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #410 on: July 14, 2008, 10:03:27 pm »

I use an alley sandwich box which Martin put me onto. I am sure Millets sell them. I added some extra foam strip seal on the inside of the lid and box which when the top is fitted it seals up. I had loads of trouble with with the Maplin type boxes leaking. If you go back to aprox Jan time there should be a load of stuff and some pic's i think.

gaznjant

« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2008, 10:05:24 pm »

yea i need to go seek a good box. but how do you seal the wires that are outside the box ? just with the rubber pushrod seals ?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #412 on: July 14, 2008, 10:30:29 pm »

Hello
Laptop is playing around.
I pass the rods and Throttle boden cable through rubber grommets and cover the rods in grease to seal them. Seem to work just fine. it must be a tight fit.

gaznjant

« Reply #413 on: July 14, 2008, 10:33:24 pm »

yup got all them things sorted in the old box but it was rubbish so scrapped it. got my exhaust fully in the boat just a few mil outside so makin a smaller box to fit to one side of hull now. all good fun i think !!!! keep me informed on aug bank holiday weekend tho think we up for a jolly !! have another m8 who has a makara and he also will be joining omra

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2008, 10:43:45 pm »

Good stuff.
No replys as yet about Modelmayhem weekend as yet. It take time for all to see the message board.
best of luck with your boat.

tmbc

« Reply #415 on: July 15, 2008, 10:14:01 am »

YEP ITS TRUE !!!! KURT CAVE IS BACK !!!!!  O0
RACING WITH  TEAM TMBC   :o

i managed to drag him along after sortin out his old boat thanks to scoop (stewart rae)
kurt will be spending the rest of the season sorting out his new boat ? hope to be attending a few meetings along the way too !

unfortunately my makara took a bad hit at weekend and after a few of us jumping on it too for good measure deamed it fit for a viking funeral ! it now rests in peace at weymouth  {-) (honnestly it a was a sad moment when i had to sink it cause the harbour master said it was about time our fun ended ! kurt was hanging on the harbour wall cause he was laughin that much he nearly fell in and phil couldnt hold his camera still either for laughing )

long may my makara rest in peace amen ! pmsl

tmbc

« Reply #416 on: July 15, 2008, 10:20:56 am »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  can i join in with an apache my makara is dead !

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #417 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:28 am »

Hi Mark
Yes it is fair to say that your Makara meet a bitter end. As for joining us! Now let me think. Oh yes. Maybe you should first prove your Makara is resting in Peace by posting the photo's . I saw what that nasty man did to your fine boat. Right down the Middle song comes to mind.  {-) {-) {-) {-)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #418 on: July 15, 2008, 12:09:50 pm »

Ok Big boys with their toys!!!! How many of you DAre to come to hte Mayhem Weekend in Wales and show your toys off

Stavros
Ok as the folks at Kingsbury have let us down for next Sunday. It's a reel pity me thinks. Well Done Phil for all your work on trying to get it all together. Thanks for trying.
Now Windermere is also OFF as well. How do you feel about going to the Mayhem weekend??? I am free and would be happy to Show & run during the Sat Sun 30th 31st Aug. But one boat on it's own is not going to cut it. Seem's we have lots of water to play with if we can get a rescue boat we have got just about all we need for loads of time on the water.
Stavros. Is there camping on Site? can you feel us all in with more detail, how much will it cost etc.
Cheers for now
Bill
Come on! Anyone up for this weekend?

tmbc

« Reply #419 on: July 15, 2008, 01:16:59 pm »

windermere is cancelled but we are looking at holding a race up here at trafford !!!! on the sunday 21st ! i hav a few things to sort out this week before i can confirm !

well the build of the new apache will comence !!!

ill get piccys of the viking funeral ! ( phil hatcher hasd them at the moment ! )

tmbc

« Reply #420 on: July 16, 2008, 08:51:18 am »

well heres a piccy of the poor old thing !

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #421 on: July 16, 2008, 01:46:55 pm »

OH Dear!!! How sad, but you sure did make sure that the boat would never turn up on ebay. He he he {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Blagmeister

« Reply #422 on: July 16, 2008, 04:24:53 pm »

Stavros
Cheers for now
Bill
Come on! Anyone up for this weekend?

Hi Bill

Just waiting on a reply from a few bods as to whether I am free that weekend. If so I will be up for it.

Phil

tmbc

« Reply #423 on: July 16, 2008, 08:02:35 pm »

WINDERMERE IS OFF BUT TRAFFORD IS HOLDING A ROUND ON THE SUNDAY !!!! 21st sept

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #424 on: July 30, 2008, 02:45:14 pm »

I take it all the Mad Makara men are on there Jollys. Bring me a stick of rock back. Ta
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.