Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Christmas !  (Read 9299 times)

swordfish fairey

Merry Crimbo
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 01:59:52 pm »

I would just like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & a Happy and Prosperous New Year.......Smudge O0 O0
ps......sorry there are no floaty things on the card, but at least they are Naval aircraft..

barryfoote

Re: "'Tis the season to silly, Traa, la, la laa!"
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 02:29:34 pm »

Happy Christmas everyone.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 04:35:33 pm »

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Harmonious New Year!

Big Ada

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 05:29:45 pm »

I am not sure how Santa is going to deliver pressies this year down in Kent UK as we have had an outbreak of Bluetongue
and all Reindeer have been grounded. Its a great excuse to tell the kids!  Bah Humbug!

Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho                                      Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho                                    Ho Ho Ho Ho
    Merry Christmas from the Model Boat Association Dover,Kent UK

Len

Big Ada

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007, 05:31:35 pm »

How come I have got that blue bar at the bottom of my post?

Len

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 05:43:55 pm »

What blue bar ?   :-\
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

omra85

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 05:48:10 pm »

It's a gray scroll bar on mine, probably depends on which display setting you have.
D

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 05:57:18 pm »

Nope, no bar of any sort  O0

omra85

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2007, 06:20:29 pm »

Being incredibly rich (Lottery winnings etc) you probably have one of the new Panasonic 103" plasma displays, which are so posh - they don't even allow scroll bars!

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 06:35:31 pm »

You guessed. ;)

RantandRave

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...don't get me started!
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2007, 02:07:53 am »

supersonic

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2007, 09:30:33 pm »

HI,BOATERS, JUST A QUICK ONE TO WISH MARTIN & THE MODERATORS ALL THE BEST FOR XMAS , HEALTH,
 PROSPERITY FOR THE NEW YEAR AND THE BUILDS BE AS GOOD AS THE LAST.
I, BEING FAIRLY NEW TO THE FORUM, HAVE FOUND IT THE MOST INFORMATIVE,FRIENDLY & SOMETIMES HUMOROUS SITE
I COULD WISH FOR. 24 HRS A DAY,SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
BEST WISHES TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM  O0 O0

DAVE.

kenthompson

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »

Yep,      All the best to every body,             keep up the good work fellers.
 Have a jolly Xmas and new year,   thank you for giving me much pleasure from the comments , and information through out  the year...     Ken.

ABRAD

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2007, 11:01:59 pm »

Hi all,

Have a merry thingy and a happy new wotsit from me in the black country.

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
Seasons Greetings
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2007, 07:48:54 am »

I've just read this on another forum and thought it was worth pinching and posting here  {-) {-)  Mike

Subject: Time of the year to say thanks....

Dear All

My thanks to all those who have sent me emails this past year........

I must send my thanks to whoever it was who sent me the one about cockroach eggs in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing.

Also, I now have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have a lot of savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown); who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

In fact I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the £15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program ....

Or from the senior bank clerk in Nigeria who wants me to split £7 million with me for pretending to be a long lost relative of a customer who died intestate.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca-Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy petrol without having to watch and make sure that a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm filling up and later grab me from behind whilst drawing a jagged edged blade across my throat.

I no longer go to shopping centres because someone will drug me with a male deodorant sample and rob me after using me as a sex toy.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica , Uganda , Singapore and Uzbekistan.

Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my bum.

And thanks to your great advice, I can't even pick up the £5.00 I found dropped in the car park because it probably was placed there by a pervert molester waiting underneath my car to grab my do do.

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhoea will land on your head at 5:00pm this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump.

I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician.

By the way....a South American scientist after a lengthy study has discovered that people with low IQ who have infrequent sexual activity always read their e-mails with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late

Oh and a Very Merry Christmas and an utterly Preposterous New Year to All for 2008

barryfoote

Re: Seasons Greetings
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2007, 08:04:04 am »

Very good and all it so very true!!
Barry

PS I have nicked it to pass on....

elmo

Re: Seasons Greetings
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2007, 08:30:20 am »

..... er, so have I... thanks!  O0

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2007, 10:29:57 am »

well seasons greeting to all mayhemmers......

thanks for all the posts, inofrmative and funny !

also many thanks for all the work that is done behind the scenes to keep mayhem going !
 cheers  to martin and bradders, the other moderators and everyone who posts which keeps mayhem so 'fresh'

so i hope everyone has a great xmas and a prosperous new year,

and lets hope santa's sleigh is full of model boat stuff !
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

RantandRave

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...don't get me started!
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2007, 09:05:25 am »

For all of us that should be on a diet......

Holiday Eating Tips

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. Like fine single- malt scotch, it's rare. In fact, it's even rarer than single-malt scotch. You can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-aholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas! 

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy.  Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention.

Reread tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.

Remember this motto to live by:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2007, 05:03:15 pm »

Hi Propshaft,

That the sort of advice I like. Many thanks for the tips I have read them twice and will do my best to observe everyone of them particularly the last one. Just not yet a while.

A very merry Christmas everyone no matter what god you worship.

Yours Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

polaris

• Shipmate
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2007, 07:10:03 pm »

Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity of firstly thanking all on Mayhem who have helped me one way and another during this year, and, secondly, to Wish All Mayhem Members and their Families a Merry Christmas and A Happy & Prosperous New Year.

May 2008 bring all of us a better year.

Happy Sailing & Kind Regards & Best Wishes to All, Bernard

barryfoote

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2007, 07:13:15 pm »

I would like to second Polaris on that one.

gary r uk

• Full Mayhemer
greetings
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2007, 08:15:24 am »

hi guys
just like to say happy Christmas and a safe new year
cheers
gary r
SAILING WITHOUT FAST ELECTRICS PRICELESS

barryfoote

Re: greetings
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2007, 08:52:13 am »

.....and the same to you Gary,

Barry

bigfella

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 04:57:04 am »

Hi All

I would like to say to all members of the forum that I wish you and your families 

A Merry and Joyous Christmas
[/b]
and

A New Year filled with Good Health and Prosperity.

David and Family
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.