Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio glitches, belt and braces approach  (Read 1762 times)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Radio glitches, belt and braces approach
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:43:02 pm »

Interesting advice from the 1/5 car boys, could be useful to petrol boaters chasing a glitch... O0
http://www.rctek.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5555

Kev

Re: Radio glitches, belt and braces approach
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:08:28 pm »

I've come across this problem several times with Zens, both in cars and boats. People have come to me with curious radio glitch that no matter what they do to try to cure it it always returns, could be within seconds, could be in half an hour, but it never goes away for long.  :-\
Do you know what the problem was each time? They were using a Hitec receiver. Swapped the rx for a Futaba one and no more radio problems at all. (Futaba and Hitec are both negative shift therefore the tx and rx are compatible with each other). Can't explain why it occurs, just know it does. Having said that though, I know of people who run Hitec receivers with them and have never had any problems....  But, to be on the safe side, I've always used a Futaba rx in my spark engined models and, touch wood, never suffered radio problems. I've no complaints about Hitec stuff, use it all the time in nitro cars and boats with no problems at all and 95% of the time always use a Hitec tx.

So, if you have a recurring radio problem with your Zen powered car or boat, I'll bet you're using a Hitec rx....   ;D

Kev.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

Hi. I started to use Hitec rx. I had alot of probs with short range , fail safe cutting the engine etc. I tryed a £8.00 Rx from Eba /Hong Kong. This improved thing's alot. However not completely. I fitted a new spark plug and I have had No more probs. I tryed Hitec, Futaba, Sanwa. They all Glitched and cut the engine. Use An plug. I use a NGK . CR8HIX Iridium plug.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:40 pm »

Got a problem with mine, only just developed and i am using a futaba one?

Changed receiver's, engines, batteries? changed the plug, was ok for a while but got the problem back less than 24 hours later

Rubbin is Racin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.