Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lowestoft MBC  (Read 2738 times)

steve*mac

Lowestoft MBC
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:12:06 am »

Hi, nice forum you got here, just thought I'd pick you collective brains.. Is Lowestoft MBC still going? I was a member about 20 years ago and we sailed in Kensington gardens, it was a nice sized round pond, concrete bottom... quite nice for model submariners like me..

I'm going to be living back up that way in 2008 and can't find them on the web anywhere.. have they gone pear shaped???

cheers folks

catengineman

Re: Lowestoft MBC
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:36:41 am »

Ah ha now there lies a question about LMBC
I live in said Lowestoft and sail at Kensington Gdns, yes its a great place to have a day with your model.
As for contacting the club I have tried on several occasions to do this but to no avail, even when I have been told that they are to meet on Sundays only get to see the odd person now and again.

As it is a public pond / lake you don't actually need to be a member of a club to sail there  (insurance may be required) I did ask Wavney Council but they only said no to ic units. there are a few canoes on the lake for public use but again I haven't seen these used much. The water is treated with rock salt though to keep the weed down but this does not stop local yobs filling the lake with what ever they can, but on a general note its pleasant and there are toilets and a cafe near by.
So I may get to see you there at some time.

R,

steve*mac

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 08:10:02 pm »

Cheers for the info,the last time I sailed there was 1990... then I moved away.. I had a walk through Kensington Gardens a month or so ago, was sad to see the old club house looking a bit of a mess and the pond full of stones.. looked a bit low too.. wonder if my yachts keel will clear the junk??

I'm going to be in Lowestoft for Xmas and was planning on bringing a yacht to run..

catengineman

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 09:00:55 pm »

Your a brave man what with the East coast weather forcast
So it will be a sunny dry time over the holiday  ::)

If I get to be at home Ill try and swing it so spanner lets me out and up the lake.

R,

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:31:27 pm »

If you're into Subs get yourself to Norwich Model Boat Club, we have over 30 in the club & hold regular Regattas & sub days.

www.nmbc.fsnet.co.uk

mike javelin

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:22:56 am »

Or pop down the road to Southwold where the pond is in great condition and free for anyone to use.
We sail our MM's there once a month and with the pier cafe it's a great venue,
In fact we'll be there this Sunday from 11 till we get either too cold or too wet.

catengineman

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 09:25:19 pm »

I went to sail there but was told I had to be a member and they didn't want any tugs on their water but I could go and use the other boating lake!
The other side of town and full of Cr##
 So I stayed at Lowestoft or I go to Becles and sail in the broads

R,

steve*mac

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 11:30:48 pm »

If you're into Subs get yourself to Norwich Model Boat Club, we have over 30 in the club & hold regular Regattas & sub days.

www.nmbc.fsnet.co.uk

I have met a few guys from Norwich MBC  before, sounds like a nice sailing water they have there.. i fully intend to pop over there at some point.. the water sounds a lot safer than my current water, which is a bloody great big lake, I had the divers in last year when my Lafayette got caught up..

Still i'll have my Yacht with me over Xmas (only model running at the moment)

catengineman

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 11:35:32 pm »

I have dropped in at Norwich to have a look at the lake and its great,

There will come a time when I am at home and the weather is fair and SHMBO will want to visit our daughter then I can slide the tug into the car and get a sail in while they shop till they drop

Ok I can dream cant I {-)

R,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.