Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHG Shadow - Electric version anyone?  (Read 14930 times)

explorer750

Re: SHG Shadow - Electric version anyone?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 08:08:18 pm »

second bath test all balanced up, plugged in the batteries and started the engine. Had to stand back as the amount of water moving was surprising even with a 35mm prop. Don't blow the 30A fuse. Just waiting for a nice day and the boating session to start.

explorer750

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 06:13:45 pm »

Finally the weather cleared and the waves died down, controller in hand I launched it boldly on to the water. The slow speed tests were fine however the turning circle was poor but with the lake to myself it did not matter. Time to open the throttle with the 35mm race prop. It leap forward, to fast for me and I ran it aground on the shore. Attempt two it once again more forward but not on the a plane. Following this a 40mm prop was use and a steady plane was finally achieved. Before the batteries ran out I had a mad moment and put the 45mm prop on, the old one from the Enya. I was expecting blue smoke but no, so a slow pass was made it jumped up then ran for a 1-2 Min's and stopped. Dead batteries.

Upon bring the boat to shore the motor was cool and the speed controller even colder. I checked the photos for water coming out of the outlet and none was noted. There was only a little amount in the pipe work. Does it need a pump?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 06:12:14 am »

Excellent job! - Can you show a picture of the new internals?

If the motor isn't hot, sound like you don't need cooling!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

explorer750

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 05:47:24 pm »

More pics.

explorer750

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 06:51:43 pm »

Hi,

I have been playing with the idea of brushless for this boat, as I feel the hull can take more power. The boat has not got to the stage where it twists like Martins.
The idea I have been playing with is a AXI 2820/10 GOLD LINE. Would this be suitable or not much better than current set up.

phillnjack

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 12:52:31 pm »

The shg shadow was not meant for blistering high speeds.
It was a semi scale sports boat, not a race boat.
Many people years ago tried to get too much speed from the little boats and they all came unstuck in that
the boats became far too heavy.
Ok when on the move, but on the point of sinking when stationary in the water !!!!

Although they were sold as a 3.5 cc boat, 3.5cc was realy abit too much unless built very light.

What you do have tio watch for on these boats is nose diving !!!! many were great submarines >>:-(

phill

explorer750

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 05:44:48 pm »

That was an old idea. They are build to heavy for any real speed. Now I am on a hydro with a brushless setup that should easiliy outpace this beast. :}

phillnjack

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 07:04:06 pm »

They were a real nice little sports runabout .

But everyone wanted them to be too fast, if they were just run as a nice scale sports boat then they were fine.

Too many people wanted multi hull type speeds from the little shadows.

phill   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.