Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Sail winch servos, are they adjustable.

(1/3) > >>

tigertiger:
I am looking at sail winch servos. It says in the ad, up to 3 1/2 turns. Does this mean they are easuly adjustabe?

If so, how is this usually achieved. I am looking at Hitech, coz they are much cheaper than futaba.

FullLeatherJacket:
Mark

I'd hazard a guess that what that means is the end-to-end travel at full stick in each direction. If you don't push the stick all the way then they probably don't go out as far...............but no doubt there's a dozen clever 50D5 out there just itching to contradict me.

IMHO Hitech is better made than Futaba these days. I was in correspondence with Bluebird the other day,  a propos of which he had cause to open the back of his Futaba Tx. I don't think he was impressed!

FLJ

Welsh_Druid:
Tiger

I have used Hitec sail winches in all my sailing boats and find them good and reliable.  They are not actually adjustable at the servo itself.  I use a computer radio and by using the End Point Adjust function on the winch servo channel I can adjust the winch servo travel to the required amout.  Thats the way to go if possible.

Otherwise you have to route the sheet (line) to each sail in such a way as to use up the excess length.

Don B

MikeK:

--- Quote from: Welsh_Druid on December 12, 2007, 03:03:36 pm ---Tiger

I have used Hitec sail winches in all my sailing boats and find them good and reliable.  They are not actually adjustable at the servo itself.  I use a computer radio and by using the End Point Adjust function on the winch servo channel I can adjust the winch servo travel to the required amout.  Thats the way to go if possible.

Otherwise you have to route the sheet (line) to each sail in such a way as to use up the excess length.

Don B

--- End quote ---
Hi Tiger, I was just writing the same thing when Don pipped me to the post. The likes of Nylet do a modified Hitec that has an extra pot wired in so you can adjust the turns at the servo, but at £98 not exactly cheap. I find the Hitec are not as fast or precise as the Futaba/Aussy winches, but if it not for racing, then they are well worth the money.
Mike

Circlip:
Tiger, a real low tech way to adjust length of take up IF you can do it is to mod the drum diameter, bigger dia, more take up, Smaller,less take up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version