Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: type 21 funnel  (Read 2048 times)

djrobbo

type 21 funnel
« on: December 16, 2007, 05:11:23 pm »

Hi guys........ allways have a problem with getting funnel shapes dead right..... i have just bought a type 21 hull 1/72 and would like to know ..........

does anyone do a funnel for a type 21 in 1/72....??   dont really care what its made of..

hope you can help

regards.....bob. O0

Martin13

Re: type 21 funnel
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:20:47 pm »

Bob,

APS Models in Australia - $42 Aus

Martin doon under

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 07:36:20 pm »

APS do quite a lot of fittings too.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

djrobbo

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 07:45:17 pm »

Cheers guys...looks like aus it is.....brother in law lives in melbourne might see if he can help ..

thanks again

regards...bob.

djrobbo

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 12:28:56 pm »

Hi martin got the p.m will probably try that route and see what happens thanks for that. O0

Next question , sombody has suggested pink foam ......vas ist das ???? haven't come across that stuff before...and won't i still have to try and get the shape right.
                 maybe me being fffikk . ( notice cockney spelling of thick which uses three f's )

regards...bob.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 12:38:01 pm »

Extruded foam sunbeam! The stuff we glider guiders used for foam cores AFTER expanded poly. Yep you still have to get the shape right, but it can be cut and sanded and doesn't crumble like EP.I said pink cos that's the colour of the slab I got, but it can be blue or green. Pink foam is the new "green" blue foam if yer see what i mean. :kiss:
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

djrobbo

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 02:18:28 pm »

I take it from that i have to go into a shop that does those noisy smelly flying thingy's to buy some ?

does it glue up with p v a or do you need a special adhesive ?

will give it try when i can find a shop near me that sells the aforementioned article .

thanks for the tip

regards.....bob.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 05:11:13 pm »

Sorry for delay Bob, SWMBO dragged me out by the tinsels, (Bl---y Christmas again, Hum babag) You can get this foam from a local construction site, scrap bits or from Sheffield Insulations in sheets, it was mentioned on a thread before, when Holmsey wanted a block for something. You can cut W--g cores out of it , use it to make a "Plug" for a glass hull, but I've also used it in place of block balsa. Can be cut with a knife, sawblade, hot-wire or soldering iron at a pinch, can be sanded and plated with paper or epoxy resin. S.I. are a national firm, my lumps of foam were a sheet with a damaged corner, cost "A DRINK"  ;) Know what I mean O0
Yes it glues with PVA or Aliphatic or araldite but keep glue clear of sanding edges.You could also make deckhouses with it.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

djrobbo

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 08:08:43 pm »

Sounds like the very stuff for me , i like finding out what i can do with new materials . you know what us old farts are like , use what youv'e always used

thanks for that anyhoo

regards....bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.