Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are boat parts so sparce  (Read 2812 times)

navelfuzz

Why are boat parts so sparce
« on: December 16, 2007, 09:05:34 pm »

I cant beleave how limited the boat hobby is and ones that have great selections are hidden from veiw. I go to Grauptner and there web site is a nightmare to navigate and once I actually got into there pages with the good stuff. Then MHZ has the best boat stuff but I could own a real yaht after making a model one.
  I wish there were more choices out there like there is for airplanes. I also see theres alot of rudders to buy but they dont give you the seals for most. I guess theres a boater secret to making your own seals? >>:-( >>:-(

navelfuzz

Re: Why are boat parts so sparce
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 09:17:55 pm »

P.S.  I love that show made in the U.K. "Bargain Hunt" That show I watched for a year streight at 10 am, David Dickonson with his dapper suits realy is a classy guy. I begged the BBC to make more episodes of this show. But they said no way hos'e It realy gives us americans a knowledge of the british culture.Since you people are located there mabey you can persuade them to make more shows with David D.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:30:25 am »

Hi Navelfuzz

I guess there are never enough spares because no matter how many spares you manufacturer, you wil only be scratching the surface.

A lot of the guy on here do make their own stuff and have their own tricks. I have learned a lot on here.

Post a question on the on the 'How to' forum. I am sure you will get loads of good advice.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 07:36:19 am »

Hiya Navelfuzz. it just goes to show you can please some of the people some of the time etc etc, I personally could not stand Mr Permatan Dickinson and his cheesy act  :D
I don't understand (not unusual) your query about rudder seals, if you use a rudder tube and take it above the water line of your model then no problem !! As I'm typing the thought of submarines passed through my mind, there's always the exception, but they have the rudder outside the boat, right ??? ??? -there are others on here will tell you more, that's for sure  O0
Mike

barryfoote

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 08:15:47 am »

P.S.  I love that show made in the U.K. "Bargain Hunt" That show I watched for a year streight at 10 am, David Dickonson with his dapper suits realy is a classy guy. I begged the BBC to make more episodes of this show. But they said no way hos'e It realy gives us americans a knowledge of the british culture.Since you people are located there mabey you can persuade them to make more shows with David D.
[/
I have got to agree with Mike. david Dickinson is a cheesy type of chap. Not typical British at all, thank the Lord.

elmo

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 08:25:11 am »

Mike.... oops, hate to say, but sorry, your Mr 'Permatan' is actually Armenian Turkish - born David Gulessarian (not a lot of people know that!)  ;)

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 08:36:46 am »

He probably thought of the name when he had a spell in Jail .

Peter

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 08:56:47 am »

He probably thought of the name when he had a spell in Jail .

Hey!
That's a cheap shot.

Cheap as chips.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

bigH

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 10:25:08 am »

:)  Go on Peter, tell it like it is,  and the guy that fronts 'Flog It ' was probably in the same hotel as DD.   The truth is the truth...

banjo

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 01:00:11 pm »

Its the "Bavarian Illuminati" conspiracy again.

8)

djrobbo

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 01:37:52 pm »

Hi navelfuzz  i think ive put this on here somewhere before but here goes with rudder seals.

aquire some silicon fuel tube.... cut a short length and slide it down rudder shaft until it reaches the tube

Now stretch the silicone over the tube and  " voila " one ready made rudder seal. O0

make sure that the silicon is only a snug fit on the rudder shaft so that it can slip inside the silicon.

if the rudder is allways above water line then no problem , but if unsure the above method works for me,
   and as they say  " its as cheap as chips "

regards.....bob.

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 05:28:36 pm »

Mike.... oops, hate to say, but sorry, your Mr 'Permatan' is actually Armenian Turkish - born David Gulessarian (not a lot of people know that!)  ;)

Ok I got the tan bit wrong but I stand by the cheesy bit  ::)
Mike

elmo

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 06:26:21 pm »

Ok I got the tan bit wrong but I stand by the cheesy bit  ::)
Mike

I'll go along with that then...!  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.