Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam Gunboat Grey Goose  (Read 2538 times)

Turnberry

Steam Gunboat Grey Goose
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:56:26 pm »

I have just come bye a hull for the steam gunboat grey goose. Scale is 1/48 & its made or styrene I think. Also with it are 2 sheets of plasticard with deck & various cabin parts marked out & numbered, lastly a single resin funnel. It also came with 2 large plan sheets, which are very detailed with external & internal & are also in 1/48 scale. Does anyone know the origin of this model?

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Steam Gunboat Grey Goose
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 05:14:50 pm »

Its a Sirmar Semi-Kit

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Turnberry

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:23:44 pm »

Thats interesting because I thought it may be but when I called them, they said they did not think it was  it was. so I guess it must be a very early one.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:14:01 pm »

Sirmar used to do this Steam Gunboat and a 48th Scale Fleet Tender, both now not in production.
But Paul Beckley has sold Sirmar to Paul Simpson.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 07:59:56 pm »

Now I'm not 100% sure if this is the same model but here are a couple of snaps of a recently completed steam gunboat model by one of the lads at Kirklees.  I couldn't say for ceratin what the origins are but I do know it was a plastic kit so it may well be the same one you have. 

If any of the Kirklees lads see this and can help I'm sure they will otherwise I'll have a chat with the owner on Sunday at the pond.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Turnberry

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 07:38:28 am »

Nice pictures, the hull has a very high gloss finish with no ports or raised band around the hull that you can see in those pictures, also the transom looks nice a square. Mine is a little rounded as you find on these type of mouldings. Sirmar have supplied some fittings for my MMS so I will get back onto them for some fittings for this one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 22 queries.