Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steering day at Onchan Park, Isle of Man.  (Read 1971 times)

andi4x4

Steering day at Onchan Park, Isle of Man.
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:05:58 pm »

Hi All,

I thought I would post some pics of the boats taking part in the steering contest at my local pond - The Isle of Man Model Boat club meet most sundays, weather permitting, at three different locations around the island - one of which is a tidal saltwater lake.

This particular pond in these pictures is about 10 minute walk from my house, feshwater, man-made, and is normally used for small motor boats  and those round "bumper-car" type things ! They are out of season at present, so the model boat club has almost free reign here until the tourist summer season starts again.

I have posted these in the working boats section as almost all of them are just that. If it is in the wrong section, could I ask one of the mods to do the honours for me !

Hope you enjoy !

The competitiors moored up along the bank - I have no information as to who built any of these, or what they are as I didnt stay too long and didnt really get to talk to anybody - I am not a member of the club myself, so I did not know most of the people present, however, two of them are also in the model car club I am a member of, so, I was familiar with those two guys.

Regards

Andi

Stavros

Re: Steering day at Onchan Park, Isle of Man.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:15 pm »

What cracking Models,having seen the craftsmanship of some of the Models from the Manx club at shows,it is so nice to see then being used and not just taken out of the box to display at shows

Stavros

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:27:23 pm »

Absolutely superb selection of very nicely built working boats.  So nice to see them in thier natural environment and really intersting to see them being put through thier paces.

Great pictures thanks.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:41:29 pm »

As you say Bunkerbarge it is so nice to see them being used and not being just dispalyed as I suspect a lot are in shows. Models are to be used and abused not flipping museum pieces,well at least we agree on something!!!

stavros
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.