Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Diamond  (Read 1654 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
HMS Diamond
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:57:03 pm »

Martin,
I wanted to post these myself but my grandson has put Macromedia Fireworks on my machine and I can't seem to get at them to resize them, so if you think people would be interested please post them. I apologise for bothering you and shan't feel offended if you don't! They are of 3rd of class HMS Diamond on the slip at Scotstoun last week. If anyone wants greater detail from this viewpoint I could always go up and have another look - so long as I don't get arrested!

"Tobyker"

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS Diamond
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 04:59:36 pm »

Just to follow up a picture
of Diamond just after its launch being berthed

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 06:29:08 pm »

Is that one of the two ships the MOD were trying to flog off to the Saudis to save money (and order another two "later" when we can afford it)?

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 05:05:23 pm »

Was dragged off to Braehead shopping centre last Friday but 2 good things came of it - saw HMS Diamond on the BAe fitting out slip, and HMS Daring alongside, having work done on the hangar roof and sides, on the tall mast - mostly shrouded in tarpaulins, and lots of scaffolding behind the foremast/bridge. Took some photos (anyone interested?) and also got to the metal supermarket behind Ibrox. Surprised to see so much going on - is this all snagging, or did she do sea trials before all the gubbins was fitted? May be getting dangerously close to being shot before told answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.