Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Kirklees Christmas  (Read 2172 times)

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
A Kirklees Christmas
« on: December 23, 2007, 04:09:20 pm »

On the meeting before Christmas day the lads at the Kirklees club have a bit of an event and make something of the occassion.

Some put on the obligatory daft hats, including myself, some as you can see from the pictures don't actually need to!!

Today it was freezing and the fog came down and swirled around us.  The atmosphere was the best though and a number of the members turned up just for the chat and the friendly conversation.  We all brought something to nibble such as pork pies, sausage rolls, mince pies etc, had a cup of coffee and generally had a wonderful morning.  The bigger boats broke up the remains of the ice to allow the smaller boats a bit more room and we all enjoyed some superb views as the sun shone through the morning fog across the water.  It alsio gave me the chance to get some nice atmospheric shots of the models against the fog which I really like.

I took a few pictures of the event to share here just to remind ourselves of one of the best aspects of our hobby, the friendship.

I've also put some of the models in the "Kirklees Hall of Fame" thread.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: A Kirklees Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 04:26:25 pm »

I like the last one, totally monochrome except for the tiny White Ensign - classic!

Tom Eccles

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 06:34:34 pm »

Hi Bunkerbarge,

Great pictures, very atmospheric! They have the look of a working port on a cold working morning, well done.

Here in sunny southport we spent a good hour breaking the ice away from the pond edge ( fulfilling our obligation to the god of health and safety). Unlike you guys at Kirklees though we were not able to sale as the ice was over 1" thick and there was no way we were going to risk a hull.

From us in Southport to you in Kirklees

Very best wishes

Clegg

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 07:39:47 pm »

I am still not sure if those last two photos are not of the real things. Superbly done.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Barry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.