Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Lady T  (Read 40617 times)

barryfoote

Re: The Lady T
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 06:58:13 pm »

Thanks Ken. It was hard work

barryfoote

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 04:18:56 pm »

Okay the rudder has been made but I made a mess of lining the rudder post up correctly so have redone it and am now waiting for the thing to dry, before I can install the rudder properly, which I want to do soon as I today received my new Futaba 4EX radio system and want to have a play with that.

More soon.

james_biscuit

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 02:49:04 pm »

Hiya barry how did you go about drilling the brass shaft for the rudder pins to go through?

Cheers. James.

barryfoote

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 03:10:04 pm »

Hiya barry how did you go about drilling the brass shaft for the rudder pins to go through?

Cheers. James.
James,

I have a Dremel drill stand and good drill with a good bit. I secured the brass bar securely and through the hole went. You will struggle without a drill stand I think.

Barry

james_biscuit

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 05:21:29 pm »

you think right lol {-) thanks for your help

barryfoote

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 05:40:38 pm »

Having built the rudder, the servo and connection was a problem. I struggled all day, until the guys off the Forum came to my rescue. A special thanks to Len whose idea worked a treat and given my lack of suppliers around here I am delighted. The servo works perfectly with no obvious stresses. So onto the next bit......

Tom Eccles

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 07:41:18 pm »

Hi Barry,

Yes, that looks a neat solution. Just a thought- I am not familiar with the deck furniture on this model, are you intending to have some sort of access to servo and rudder post?

Its looking good, keep up the good work,

Regards
Tom

barryfoote

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 07:57:58 pm »

Oh yes Tom. Access on this boat is good. All important items are well covered, hence the exact locating of the servo.

Barry

barryfoote

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 03:20:45 pm »

Next bit started. Painted bulwarks, secured foredeck base and started coamings for deckhouse.

The cereal packet templates are a great idea but running out of them quickly....

footskijunior

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 04:51:14 pm »

Looking good capt footski.
I'm back off at the end of the month methinks, time to go play on real ships!

Will keep looking at your blog when I get chance.

Stavros

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »

Simple my friend EAT more cerial

Stavros

OMK

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 07:22:24 pm »

Very nice work, Mr. Footski. She's almost as good looking as the lady in Footskijunior's avatar photo.
So how come he gets the good-looking chicks? His profile says he's only 10 (heheheheeee!)

barryfoote

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 07:33:58 pm »

That is my lovely daughter in law Steph. Not into boats I'm afraid. As for Junior...It must be the beard that does it!!

OMK

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 03:00:33 am »

The beard? In that case my Gillette Blue II's shall no longer see the light of day. Man, she's a cracker. No wonder Junior looks so happy.
Mate, that ship you're building there. Looks really nice. You caught me on the hop. I'm  predominantly a sort of Sea Queen / Huntsman / cabin cruiser sort of dude.

Who's the babbie on your lap, bro'? One of Footskijunior's off-springs?
No wonder you look so happy.

barryfoote

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 08:23:52 am »

The beard? In that case my Gillette Blue II's shall no longer see the light of day. Man, she's a cracker. No wonder Junior looks so happy.
Mate, that ship you're building there. Looks really nice. You caught me on the hop. I'm  predominantly a sort of Sea Queen / Huntsman / cabin cruiser sort of dude.

Who's the babbie on your lap, bro'? One of Footskijunior's off-springs?
No wonder you look so happy.

PMK,
Hope Steph doesn't read this. It will go to her head!!

The Little one is our grandson William. The best gift Steph could have given us. Only problem is they live in Blighty and we are down here in the sun. Have to use MSN alot to say hello.

Any way if you are into the cabin cruisers you want to give a good Tuga go. Great fun to build and I am never short of advise from the guys on the Forum.

Barry

footskijunior

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 12:10:49 pm »

Steph did read that, she's wondering around the house witha big smile on her face!!

Anyway, I thought this site was about boats, not my married life!!

No more piccies Dad??

M

Dave Buckingham

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 01:45:46 pm »

Hi Mark
To Late I will put your father through a full interrogation when I meet him in Estapona on the 24th feb
Dave

OMK

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 03:25:28 pm »

Yeah, my heart bleeds for you. I mean, here in Blighty we got rain, rain, gloom and doom, more rain, blah - while you have to suffer all that sunshine down there. Life can be cruel, eh?
Grandson Billy is a fine sprog. You're a lucky bloke.
You know, you could be on to something. Until now I wouldn't have even considered building anything but cruisers. I'm looking at all the photos of yours and suddenly all the preconceptions are going out the window. I'm pretty taken with what you're doing there. Looks really nice. I can almost FEEL the fun factor in building one of those, and I'm more than tempted in giving it a whirl. Although, I know absolutely diddly about tugs. But at least I know who to call on should I need some sound advice, right?

Enjoy your build, Mr. Footski. And thanks for the great pictures.

Oh, one last Q.......
How did you come by your handle?

PMK'ski.

barryfoote

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 04:47:46 pm »

PMK,
Get one built.....Great fun. Lady T is my first Tug, but as you say there are plenty of experts on the forum to help out.

The name Footski goes back over 20 years when there were a bunch of us fellas sat in a van talking rubbish when politics came into the conversation. I happened to say something about Communism being a good system on paper and the boss immediately called me a Soviat sympathiser and the name stuck.

Dave,

Looking forward to Estepona on the 24th.

Barry

footskijunior

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2008, 05:21:23 pm »

For a fee i can reveal some of dads OTHER names!!!!!!

M

barryfoote

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2008, 06:43:51 pm »

For a fee i can reveal some of dads OTHER names!!!!!!

M

Dad ......Dad......Don't know who this imposter is. No son of mine would be so cheap........Come on lads send him to Coventry........On second thoughts the Caribbean is further!!!Enjoy your 3 months Junior ha ha.

barryfoote

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 06:51:31 pm »

Okay back to serious business now. Today I have finished the main coamings and carefully cut  out from 1/16 ply, and screwed down the main deck house base. The frames are under construction. Rear bulhead for the rope cradle is also installed.

Tom Eccles

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2008, 07:03:30 pm »

Looking good Barry,

I see now what you meant about access to the rudder servo.

Keep it going,

Tom

footskijunior

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2008, 07:23:16 pm »

Looks good Dad. Was looking at the pics of Talacre too, looks well in the water.

Also looked on the web at the finished Lady T, will be a very nice model when complete, will have to nip over and give it a sail time permitting.

You making it new or weathered???

Mark.

footskijunior

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2008, 07:24:28 pm »

Just a concern....

the rudder servo, will it not strike the deck when turned? or is it just the angle of the picture?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.