Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which ESC ?  (Read 1710 times)

Manxman

Which ESC ?
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:53:37 am »

Hi Folks,

I need a little help in choosing an ESC.  I'm fitting 2 x Robbe Power 1ooo motors into my Pacific Light tug (48" x 12" and heavy, hence the power) and need to match these up to two ESCs - but which ones ?.  I have a spare 25amp Msonik4 and wonder wether this would be suitable to run one of the motors (would need a second one) or would I need to go for a higher amperage ?

Info I've already gained is: max revs = 650, current amps at max efficiency = 2.5 amps, max power = 10.00 amps, motor efficiency = 70%

would appreciate any help, especially from anyone has used these motors before (they are big dudes and weigh 1 kilo each! - cuts down on the ballast though !) 

Cheers - Kenny

FullLeatherJacket

Re: Which ESC ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:28:59 am »

Kenny
There is no point in going to the expense of buying mega-Amp ESCs for such efficient motors. These things are similar in spec to the Graupner 720 Torque which stalls at about 13A, so anything above that is pure waste. Your most cost-effective option would be to buy another one of the same type you already have (although it pains me to recommend "The Enemy's" gear!).
Suit yourself?
FLJ

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 10:21:16 am »

Always remember to protect your expensive esc with a suitable fuse. I use motor fuses and then you only have to cut the wire and fit 2 shielded spade connectors and put the fuse in line.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 11:10:44 am »

hi there the esc that comes to mind is the mtroniks viper range. they are cheep but very good. I use manufactures Figures as a guide but the best way of finding max Current drain for normal use  is to put your boat in the water connect a battery and amp meter and see what it reads.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.