Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "BALTROVA"  (Read 2045 times)

supersonic

"BALTROVA"
« on: December 26, 2007, 04:14:01 pm »

Hi Fella's,Can any of you learned gentlemen throw some information forward on the vessel -"BALTROVA"?
In January 1968 I traveled from Hull to Gdynia through the Keil canal on this ship. A very interesting trip because apart from the captain
and crew I and my trusty Morris 1000 traveller,we were the only passengers. I have often wondered what became of her !

thanks, Dave.

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
Re: "BALTROVA"
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 02:07:24 pm »

Hi Dave,
I spent over twenty years with UBC but joined some time after the Baltrover had gone - where I know not ! I almost certainly will know most of the people you sailed with.  Here (hopefully) are some photos of her below. If you wanted the full size pics I can mail them to you
Best regards for the New Year

Mike

supersonic

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 10:38:42 am »

Hi Mike,Thanks for the pics,very interesting especially the second one locked in ice. Reminds me of the state of my morris 1000
when it was lifted out of the hold at Gydinia.The ship normally returned from Poland carrying butter and preserves . My car was carried in the freezer section, so it was a bit cool to say the least when it was lifted on to the dock. Thanks again for your info
and all the best for the  New Year. O0

Dave.

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 11:19:02 am »

Hi Dave - you are welcome. I have just looked a little closer and the first picture looks like the first Baltrover - unless they did a hell of a lot of work in drydock at some stage  ::) Loading your car in the refrigerated hold sounds about right for some of the tricks I've heard (and done  :angel: ) in UBC
All the v ery best to you and yours in the coming New Year

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.