Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: cheepest car insurance?  (Read 5108 times)

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
Re: cheepest car insurance?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 01:53:01 pm »

In Australia we pay what is called a registration fee, this also includes third party insurance, but not for vehicles mainly people, comprehensive varies greatly over here as well, for instance I have a medium sized four cylinder car which costs $246.00 per year for insurance, which I reckon is pretty cheap, but if you want to you do not have to insure...............

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 02:30:05 pm »

Hi Andy,

Not fast enough to have an accident - true, but slow enough to cause one! To be fair, there is also a mileage restriction on the classic car policy, but as well as free recovery it also includes replacement at an agreed value, which is a lot better than lots of fully comp policies offer nowadays.

Rick

farrow

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 02:29:22 pm »

My wife was with Direct Line for some years as when she first went with them they were the cheapest, last year she got her quote for a 1.9 diesel Astra and it was £500. I asked the RAC and they offered her the same if not better one for £170. I tried one of these compare programmes for my car which was quoted £250 with the RAC and one of the cheapest I could get was £326. But when I rung the RAC and said I was compulsory retired last year by MoD it went down to £232. So best profession is retiement and low mileage.

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 07:40:57 pm »

the legalised gambling about which you speak is a major ripoff. The variance in pricing can vary through the day depending upon the targets that the person has to hit.

It certainly pays to shop round but I would rather use a decent broker that you can sit in front of than wait forever on the phone, it costs a little more maybe - but I know that I can always rant at the same person!

BUT  -  bear this in mind, if you use a phone based service and they neglect to ask you the correct questions to which you are obliged answer correctly -You may not be insured! a lot of people don't read the policy documents and just assume they're covered - and the companies WILL look for ways not to pay your damages.
You lie about job, address, penalty points - non disclosure - no cover.

These pearls of wisdom apply to all insurances, not just your cars. Classic case in point - travel insurance, have you ever had? and you forget to mention it cause it was so long ago - then you have a relapse, get stuck abroad....non-disclosure, no cover - HUGE bill  - stuck!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.