Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rosegarth  (Read 4743 times)

james_biscuit

Rosegarth
« on: January 09, 2008, 10:02:05 pm »

Howdy everyone,

Just to let you guys know that ive just recieved the final packs of rosegarth from mmm so thats 1,2,3,4 and 5 altogether now, and having just got back down to london on the canal boat that i live on while im at uni am planning to make a start in the very near future. No dout im gonna need a shed load of help as this is my first model build. ill keep you guys posted on progress and piccis when things start to kick off.

many thanks in anticipation.

James.

james_biscuit

Re: Rosegarth
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 06:11:13 pm »

Hi everyone, just got back from the tool shop in centeral london with my spangaly new electric Proxxon scroll saw for all those intricate curves and turns and about to make a start ill let you know how it goes. all well i hope.  ;D  O0 thanks again guys.  O0  ;D

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:07:34 pm »

Dont forget James.. On this Forum are all the experts you will need. I am building the Lady T from MMM although only using packs 1,2 and 3. Take the photos and post them for us all. Everyone will help, I am sure.

Best of Luck,

Barry

james_biscuit

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 08:14:50 pm »

Thanks barry, I did see the pictures of her and shes going to be a beauty, and I chose rosegarth from mmm after your recommendation so a big thank you to you as she is brilliant.  O0 

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:22:50 pm »

Hi,

I built Rosegarth last year. I have a few construction pics if you're interested. PM me you e-mail address and I'll mail them to you.

Barrie

PS Beware - not all Bryan's templates are accurate - cut a card version first.

james_biscuit

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:46:10 pm »

Barrie she is awersome i can only hope mine will look like that in 12 months time.

Your a legend cheers buddy.  ;D

Billyruffian

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 12:47:31 pm »

Barrie, what size prop are you using?

I have the Mountfleet kit of the Bangarth to start and will be using different running gear so that I can use her for towing as well as regattas.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 12:51:31 pm »

Billy

70 mm from G T Sitek. The motor is the last of MMMs old style tug motors.

Barrie

Billyruffian

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 12:54:13 pm »

Thanks Barrie - I'm using MMM's T12 motor along with their 5mm prop shaft.

Just hope it turns out even half as good as yours - it looks awesome.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 01:00:42 pm »

All my models are built to look good in photographs and out on the lake. They dont necessarily stand up to close inspection. {-)

Barrie

james_biscuit

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 07:59:01 pm »

Just to say thanks barrie I reckon those photos are going to prove to be invaluable.

Cheers

MaddogTheBuilder

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 06:12:57 pm »

Hi all i'm new here but i've been building a model of the Rosegarth for the past 18 months now, Still not completed it as its my first build of any type plus time constraints have slowed the project to a complete hault lol. I must say though that in recent weeks i've had more time to work on the model and its coming along nicely now but i'm struggling on what colour to paint the decks, Wheelhouse and Engineroom the plans say black but i think the red looks better any ideas ???

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 08:23:19 pm »

Hello My MaddogThe Builder, and welcome to ModelBoat Mayhem.

We would love to see some pictures of your build. We love photo's on this site, so you are welcome to post.

all the best

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

barryfoote

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 11:02:57 am »

Now the thread has been resurrected.....Come on James, where are you up to mate???

Barry

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 11:56:50 am »

i'm struggling on what colour to paint the decks, Wheelhouse and Engineroom the plans say black but i think the red looks better any ideas ???

If you want it to be an authentic model, then go with Bryan's colour scheme as that will be correct, but of course you are free to use any colour scheme you want :)

I planked all my decks, and the wheelhouse.

Barrie

MaddogTheBuilder

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 09:26:22 pm »

Hey guys just a few photo's of where i'm up to lol its taken me a year to get this far

MaddogTheBuilder

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 09:28:35 pm »

it may look a little messy at the moment but it will tidy up in the later stages :)

MaddogTheBuilder

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 10:08:53 pm »

This boat i purchased secound hand with nothing done to it at all but the hull was slightly twisted but i managed to straighten it up with the aid of a hair dryer to heat up the fibre glass to make it more flexible. I purchased the hull, Plans, Running gear and a few extra's foe less than £100. The motor is mounted on a piece of bent aluminium and bolts to the back of the motor making it easy to remove. I built a timber frame stucture to support the decks and also add strngth to the entire boat as i intend to use it to tow objects such as lighters, Variants supplied by Mobile Marine Models, The model operates on only 2 channels (as i only own a 2 channel radio used for my Kyosho Fairwind). I've already ballasted and tested the model on the water and it handles really well in my personal opinion :).

tony23

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 09:49:16 am »

Billy

Barrie

what were MMM's old style motors were they Buhlers? also is there a link for the prop you are buying  O0

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 06:59:48 pm »

Billy

Barrie

what were MMM's old style motors were they Buhlers? also is there a link for the prop you are buying  O0

They were reject - that is cosmetically imperfect - auto motors. Radiator or heater fan motors I believe.

Barrie

Stavros

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 07:24:19 pm »

They would be Radiator fan motors,heater motors generally are not as powerfull as the fan motor

Stavros
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.