Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clubs in Torrevieja Spain  (Read 3221 times)

chas

clubs in Torrevieja Spain
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:10:49 pm »

Hi all,
      I think there is a club in Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca, does anyone know anything about it, such as where and when they sail? I visit the area several times a year visiting family and get nasty modeling withdrawal symptoms  from going cold turkey.
   Also, does anyone know what are the legal frequencies used out there?
 Chas

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: clubs in Torrevieja Spain
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:48:49 pm »

Chas,

Yes there is. I was contacted by an expat wanting some information about my area, and as a result I had a number of phone calls from him. I don't have a telephone number for him, but can let you have his address if you let me have an e-mail address. Otherwise, enquire at the 'Museo del Mar y de la sal de Torrevieja' I believe they meet there. There was a model exhibition there last March, not sure if its an annual event. They sail at the 'Jardin de las Naciones' _ I can let you have a map!

Barrie

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:50:06 pm »

Chas,
I live in Malaga. Legal frequency for boats is the 40 meg system.

With regard to the club in Torrevieja, I don't know but check out this site. t does tend to list everything.

http://www.modelismonaval.com/index2.html

Barry

chas

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 01:20:46 pm »

Thanks for the help guys, I know the garden of nations, it's just down the road from carrefour, and must be a great place to sail, all those inlets etc. All I need to do now is find out when they sail.
 Barrie Ive pmd you with my email address, thanks for the help
Barry, I,m confused now, I thought that they used 40 meg but I've also been told that they only used a restricted part of the band. Also that they use a part of the 27 meg band too.
 Any thoughts?
 Chas

barryfoote

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 03:04:10 pm »

Quite right Chas,

Here in Spain you are allowed to use the following frequncies.....40.665 MHz, 40.675, 40.685, 40.695.

I have no idea about 27 meg.
You can also use 2.4 gig systems.

Barry

chas

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 05:12:52 pm »

blimey, only 4 spots, how do you manage, or am I missing something here.
 chas

barryfoote

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 06:12:30 pm »

Chas,

I have no problems as I am a Footski no mates so always asail on my own. No club around here..

Tom Eccles

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »

Hey Footski,

Sorry to hear there is no club near you I was hoping to come along and see your Lady T on the water.

There is a chance we will be spending a few days in Benalmadena in September. It depends on what SHE decides re holiday destinations.

At least September will give you ample time to complete the build and, if we do come over to Spain I am sure I will be able to hand deliver some items you may be needing. We will see what transpires. In the meantime - good sailing.

Clegg

barryfoote

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 09:22:06 pm »

Thank you very much Clegg.

Benalmadena is only an hour from my place and you and your good lady will be more than welcome to come along and explore the beauty of the area. It is very different from the west of Malaga.
 Oh and while here we can talk and sail boats....

Barry

Tom Eccles

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 08:01:10 pm »

Hi,
I appreciate your kind invitation.

I will keep you informed about our holiday destination (shortly after SHE tells me!)

I look forward to doing some sailing in the sun.. Hey, maybe we can start our own club...Of course the inaugural meeting would have to be in a bar  ;)

Cheers

Clegg

barryfoote

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 08:03:05 pm »

Hi,
I appreciate your kind invitation.

I will keep you informed about our holiday destination (shortly after SHE tells me!)

I look forward to doing some sailing in the sun.. Hey, maybe we can start our own club...Of course the inaugural meeting would have to be in a bar  ;)

Cheers

Clegg

Well it looks like that is the first decision made by the new club committee.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.