Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Jokes & Humour II  (Read 227503 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Jokes & Humour II
« Reply #550 on: September 08, 2009, 09:07:49 pm »

Ahhh Dandelion and Burdock - I remember it being delivered by the pop man in 4 pint earthenware bottles.  And some tasty stuff called hop Bitters.  That was just before they went out of business.
Not saying how many I got, but it was a lot. :((  I think I only missed the transatlantic stuff - but telly with THREE channels?  When we eventually got one, it was basically a second hand single channel set with a magic box bolted to the back to get the commercial channel as well as BBC.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #551 on: September 08, 2009, 09:29:27 pm »

And before YOU say it Dicky - NO! I can't remember the last time I won a race  :P :P

Danny (1947 was a good vintage)  ;)

Must be something about 1947 Danny I cant remember the last time you won a race either.
Could remember everything else though. {:-{
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #552 on: September 08, 2009, 10:57:08 pm »

12 plus all bar 1 of Chingdevil's and most of what's been mentioned since.

Oh, B****er, I'm older than I thought. Saturday mornings at the pictures. Got given a shilling, walked two miles to get there, rain or shine. 9d to get in the cheap seats and 3d for sweets. Heaven!

Sweet nights were Mondays (Mars or Aztec or Caramac) and Thursdays (Mars plus 1/4lb of something). Saturday night was sometimes Tizer and crisps night, we'd usually use the public phone outside the off-licence to call my Aunt, via the operator of course - putting pennies in the slot and pressing button A or B as required!

Pudding basin haircuts, hand knitted school pullovers - proof attached!  :embarrassed:

Happy days!
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #553 on: September 08, 2009, 11:32:07 pm »

Hand-knitted pullover? - I was sent out to swim in hand-kitted trunks! Weighed a ton when wet.

Rick

plugger

« Reply #554 on: September 09, 2009, 06:29:51 am »

I was sent out to swim in hand-kitted trunks! Weighed a ton when wet.

How far did they stretch?

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #555 on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:58 am »

Far enough! Fortunately all the other lads on the beach were in the same predicament - clothing was still on ration (or hard to get) in the late 40s, I think - so Mums everywhere did what they could. Luckily my sister was younger than me, rather than older, otherwise who knows what I could have been turned out in!

Rick,

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #556 on: September 09, 2009, 01:50:12 pm »

Hi Dreadstar, you just reminded me that I remember going to see the Navy Lark being broadcast, they did 2 shows at a time and I remember being amazed at how tall John Pertwee was. It was strange watching them read from their scripts in front of a microphone and you were never sure which of the 'voices' would come from which actor.  It was in the days of Denis Price and he looked the part as well.
You can guess that I scored all 15!
regards to all, Roy

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #557 on: September 09, 2009, 05:09:35 pm »

I hate to say it but I got every one.

Try these,

Gas man counting pennies from the meter.

Gas light at a friends house, no leci in his row of cottages.

Brewery dray.

Following dray to collect droppings (from horse) to sell to gardeners and boy could those white Shires leave some droppings.

No toilet tissue for working folks, yesterdays newspaper on a nail.

Home made bows and arrows and of course catapults.

Dan Dare & The Mekons. (if thats how you spell it).

Muffin The Mule, imagine that for a kids program today.

The Flower Pot Men with Little Weed, same comment as above.

The list goes on, hard days but I would not change them for the world.

Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #558 on: September 09, 2009, 07:37:24 pm »

Hand-knitted pullover? - I was sent out to swim in hand-kitted trunks! Weighed a ton when wet.

Rick

....... well Rick F - I wonder if this is the pattern your mam used - because this pattern was passed on to my wife from my mam - I dont think my mam knit em, but my wife is threatening to knit them as Forum Swim Pants for all you lot.  {-) {-) %) %) <*< :-X
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #559 on: September 09, 2009, 07:58:02 pm »

Why is the guy in the blue swimmys wearing lipstick?  {:-{ {:-{
Don't Assume Check

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #560 on: September 09, 2009, 08:29:38 pm »

....... well Rick F - I wonder if this is the pattern your mam used - because this pattern was passed on to my wife from my mam - I dont think my mam knit em, but my wife is threatening to knit them as Forum Swim Pants for all you lot.  {-) {-) %) %) <*< :-X
Which is one is you John and is the other one Bryan ? {-)

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #561 on: September 09, 2009, 11:14:58 pm »

That looks about right - complete with plastic belt. I didn't wear lipstick though - not then, at least!

Rick

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #562 on: September 10, 2009, 09:41:43 am »

A SENIOR MOMENT:  I HOPE I HAVE THEM LIKE THIS !!!

A 98 year old woman in the UK wrote this to her bank.. 
The bank manager thought it amusing enough to have it published in the Times.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for bouncing my cheque with which I endeavoured to pay my plumber last month.
By my calculations, three nanoseconds must have elapsed between his presenting the cheque
And the arrival in my account of the funds needed to honour it. 
I refer, of course, to the automatic monthly deposit of my Pension, an arrangement,
Which, I admit, has been in place for only thirty eight years. 
You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity,
And also for debiting my account £30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience caused to your bank.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways. 
I noticed that whereas I personally attend to your telephone calls and letters,
When I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal,
Overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity which your bank has become. 
From now on, I, like you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person.
My mortgage and loan payments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic,
But will arrive at your bank by cheque,
Addressed personally and confidentially to an employee at your bank whom you must nominate.
Be aware that it is an offence under the Postal Act20for any other person to open such an envelope. 
Please find attached an Application Contact Status which I require your chosen employee to complete. 
I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me,
There is no alternative. 
Please note that all copies of his or her medical history must be countersigned by a Solicitor,
And the mandatory details of his/her financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities)
Must be accompanied by documented proof.
In due course, I will issue your employee with PIN number which he/she must quote in dealings with me. 
I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28 digits but, again,
I have modelled it on the number of button presses required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service. 
As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Let me level the playing field even further. 

When you call me, press buttons as follows:
1. To make an appointment to see me.
2. To query a missing payment.
3. To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there.
4. To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping.
5. To transfer the call to my toilet in case I am attending to nature.
6. To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home.
7. To leave a message on my computer (a password to access my computer is required. 
A password will be communicated to you at a later date to the Authorized Contact.)
8. To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through to 8.
9.  To make a general complaint or inquiry, the contact will then be put on hold,
Pending the attention of my automated answering service. 
While this may, on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration of the call.
Regrettably, but again following your example,
I must also levy an es tablishment fee to cover the setting up of this new arrangement.
May I wish you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous, New year.
Your humble Client

(Remember:  This was written by a 98 year old woman;

DOESN'T SHE MAKE YOU PROUD!

andygh

« Reply #563 on: September 10, 2009, 10:25:35 am »

Brilliant  {-), I wonder what they'd do if we all stuck together and demanded the above

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #564 on: September 10, 2009, 01:13:32 pm »

andyn

« Reply #565 on: September 10, 2009, 06:02:57 pm »

Yesterday was 9.9.09. September has 9 letters. Wednesday has 9 letters. It's the 252nd day of the year, which adds up to equal 9...

Clever eh?

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #566 on: September 10, 2009, 07:08:31 pm »

Who has waaay too much time on his hands  :} :} :}
Don't Assume Check

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #567 on: September 10, 2009, 09:39:35 pm »

9 Months Later...

Jack decided to go skiing with his buddy, Bob. So they loaded up   Jack's minivan and headed north. After driving for a few hours, they got caught in a terrible blizzard.  So they pulled into a nearby farm and asked the attractive lady who answered the door if they could spend the night.
'I realize it's terrible weather out there and I have this huge house all to myself, but I'm recently widowed,' she explained. 'I'm afraid the neighbours will talk if I letyou stay  in my house.'
'Don't worry,' Jack said. 'We'll be happy to sleep in the barn. And if the weather breaks, we'll be gone at first light.' The lady agreed, and the two men found their way to the barn and settled in for the night. Come morning, the weather had cleared, and they got on their way. They enjoyed a great weekend of skiing.

But about nine months later, Jack got an unexpected letter from an attorney. It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but he finally determined that it  was from the attorney of that attractive widow he had met on the ski weekend.

He dropped in on his friend Bob and asked, 'Bob, do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on our ski holiday up north about 9 months ago?'

'Yes, I do.' said   Bob

'Did you, er, happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house and pay her a visit?'
'Well, um, yes !,' Bob said, a little embarrassed about being found out, 'I have to admit that I did.'

'And did you happen to give her my name instead of telling her your name?'

Bob's face turned beet red and he said, 'Yeah, look, I'm sorry, buddy. I'm afraid I did.' 'Why do you ask?'

'She just died and left me everything.'

(And you thought the ending would be different, didn't you?... you know you smiled...now keep that smile for the rest of the day!

andyn

« Reply #568 on: September 15, 2009, 03:25:55 pm »

In the year 2009 the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in England and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save two of every living thing along with a few good humans."

He gave Noah the CAD drawings, saying, "You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard-but no Ark. "Noah!" He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark ?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed. I needed Building Regulations Approval and I've been arguing with the Fire Brigade about the need for a sprinkler system. My neighbours claim that I should have obtained planning permission for building the Ark in my garden because it is development of the site, even though in my view it is a temporary structure. We had to then go to appeal to the Secretary of State for a decision.

Then the Department of Transport demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions to clear the passage for the Ark 's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. All the decent trees have Tree Preservation Orders on them and we live in a Site of Special Scientific Interest set up in order to protect the spotted owl. I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!

When I started gathering the animals, the RSPCA sued me. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodation was too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then the County Council, the Environment Agency and the Rivers Authority ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood. I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Equal Opportunities Commission on how many disabled carpenter's I'm supposed to hire for my building team. The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only accredited workers with Ark-building experience.

To make matters worse, Customs and Excise seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species. So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky.

Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord. "The British government beat me to it!"...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #569 on: September 15, 2009, 11:05:55 pm »

BBC:  Military robot 'hops' over walls
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8253807.stm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #570 on: September 16, 2009, 08:04:23 am »

MAORI TECHNOLOGY.....

"After having dug to a depth of 10 meters last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 200 years ago.

Australian scientists not to be outdone by the Poms, in the weeks that followed dug to a depth of 20 meters, and shortly after, headlines in the Aussie newspapers read: "Australian archaeologists have found traces of 250 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the Brits."

One week later, Maori TV reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 meters in his backyard in Patea, Hone Waiata Tane-Jones, a Taranaki Kaumatua, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Hone has therefore concluded that 300 years ago Maori had already gone wireless.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #571 on: September 16, 2009, 12:52:17 pm »

Sent to me by my sister.
I suggest all women should see this.

----------

Oh To Be 12 Again...

A man was sitting on the edge of the bed, observing his wife, looking at herself in the mirror.
Since her birthday was not far off he asked what she'd like to have for her Birthday.

'I'd like to be twelve again', she replied, still looking in the mirror.

On the morning of her Birthday, he arose early, made her a nice big bowl of Coco Pops, and then took her to Alton Towers theme park.
What a day!

He put her on every ride in the park; the Death Slide, the Corkscrew, the Wall of Fear, the Screaming Monster Roller Coaster, everything there was.

Five hours later they staggered out of the theme park.

Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down.

He then took her to a Mc Donald's where he ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a chocolate shake.

Then it was off to the cinema with popcorn, a huge Cola, and her favourite sweets...........M&M's.

What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed exhausted.
He leaned over his wife with a big smile and lovingly asked, 'Well Dear, what was it like being twelve again?'

Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed. 'I meant my dress size, you retard!!!!'

The moral of the story: Even when a man is listening, he is gonna get it wrong.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #572 on: September 17, 2009, 10:33:33 pm »

The guy 'H' from the pop group STEPS is dead......
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC

dsquire

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.