The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Bait Boats

Help Needed - Building Bait Boat - Propulsion Query

<< < (2/2)

malcolmfrary:
Do these pumps work in reverse?  A lot of impeller types suck water in the middle and centrifuge it to the sides.  As there is only one outlet, the water is shot out that way.  Reversing the rotation does not always result in a reversal of flow.  Because this shape of boat design is capable of spinning in its own length, reverse might not be needed - if it is, then a thrust reversing "bucket" on each nozzle might be a simpler option.

Stavros:
Where are you getting your catemerang hull from

Stavros

norry:
            ...Hi Guys...

Dont use the Raboesch Bow Thrusters for your Bait Boat...

It tells you on the instructions not to run the unit for more than 30 seconds at a time...

I have fitted one in a Pusher Tug that I have built for me & my son to enter Tug-Towing competitions  with...

The Bow Thruster will have to be replaced as it cuts out when the motor heats up & wont work again until it has cooled down again...

They are definately not suitable for a Bait Boat...

I have found that the Gruapner1794 puts out a lot of power for its size...

...All The Best...Norry...

nick1974:
Malcomfrary, I believe that the pumps do operate in reverse, at approx. 20 to 30% as per the tech. info from Rule Industries.

Stavros, already got the hull, it is a very close copy of the Viper Mk3 bait boat but in fibreglass not ABS, its not truly a CAT hull although the 2 main hulls sit lower in the water .

Norry, many thanks for the advice.

I should have the Rule pumps today or tomorrow so will see how things go/what needs to be done.  I will be using a mixer for the proportional control, one of the ones that will put the motors into reverse when stationary so the boat may well spin on its own axis when stationary.  I have got a Hitec Zebra 3 ch radio set, I have read that this set has a built in mixer - is this correct???

Again many thanks.

Nick

Martin (Admin):
Found this...

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=MES-1A&PARTNER=shopping

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version