Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: K Class Submarines  (Read 3180 times)

steve*mac

K Class Submarines
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:12:54 pm »

A few, ok quite a few years ago I saw a pic on the T'internet of a really nice British K Class... (Battle of May Island and all that) and i have never found it again..

I now have a great set of drawings for one, However, before i go building a hull from scratch, does anyone know if theres a mould out there or even a hull thats quite close that could be modified??

Was thinking of doing it at 1:48 makes it a nice 7' in length roughly..

Any ideas????

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Re: K Class Submarines
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 11:15:27 pm »

Hope you're going to steam it.... plenty of room, and it was such a good idea in the original.

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 12:54:51 am »

I've an interesting book"The K Boats" (1963 Don Everitt, published by Harrap). Contains some good info, photos and a 1:192 profile,plan and internal layout. Bought in a second-hand shop (Oxfam?) thirty-odd years ago for 12p. Worth looking out for.

Rick

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:19:15 pm »

Mike Caswell was doing an M1, which was built on a K class hull.

He has a build thread over on Sub Pirates-

http://subpirates.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3575

Andy

steve*mac

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 01:16:06 pm »

I've an interesting book"The K Boats" (1963 Don Everitt, published by Harrap). Contains some good info, photos and a 1:192 profile,plan and internal layout. Bought in a second-hand shop (Oxfam?) thirty-odd years ago for 12p. Worth looking out for.

Rick

Already got a copy, it is a good book... Best Quote... Sir my ends diving, whats happening your end??  :)

I have a full set of drawings from John Lambert, I could scratch a hull but I would much rather not. might drop Mike an email..

steve*mac

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 01:46:28 pm »

Hope you're going to steam it.... plenty of room, and it was such a good idea in the original.

Well the thing is if I was just doing it as a surface model... I would :) I have a number of pictures of Various K's and they look brilliant, however i think they proved that steam subs have way too many holes in them...

Their biggest failing it seems is they had no proper system of work and procedures... simple things like are all the hatches closed before we sodding dive would have been handy... ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.