Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Painting, Finishing and Care.

S.O.S!

<< < (2/4) > >>

cbr900:
I usually paint most of my boats with enamel and have not had a problem, whether the hull has been Plastic Fibreglass or Timber, but as everyone else said you have to prepare correctly and stick to the one type of paint if possible, limits adverse reactions...

Roy

Pointy:
Well I suppose we learn by doing, don't understand what went wrong, have gone over it with a gloss lacquer same type as the paint and that has helped. Spent a while sanding and filing and had to do a bit more spraying..... which involved even more masking etc... Do you ever feel that you take one step forward and two steps back sometimes? I'm going to give it another coat of gloss tomorrow than I may try putting a layer of Humbrol Satin Cote over that. I feel like I'm never going to finish it!

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now):
Yep pionty all my life one step forward two back keep at it mate all will be allright on the night as they say
                                          cheers
                                               Bob B

Ghost in the shell:

--- Quote from: Pointy on July 02, 2006, 10:39:31 pm ---......Humbrol Satin Cote over that. I feel like I'm never going to finish it!

--- End quote ---

you said the H word! noooo avoid humbrol like you would avoid bubonic plague,
no wander you had problems with halfords base layers!

humbrol, Humbrol HUMBROL!!!!! G'ah!

Shipmate60:
I still use Humbrol on wooden hulls, yes will agree not as good as it was.
I even airbrushed WITHOUT thinning last night.
But there is no adverse reactions as long as you use the tinlets and not mix with Humbrol spray tins.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version