Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tito neri build  (Read 26132 times)

Hansen

Re: Tito neri build
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2008, 12:02:45 am »

Schottle drives with this 900 series motors are to powerfull for regular servos. You have to drop down voltage to 8 Volts or make set up on transmiter,throttle put to 75 %.  I am using there Hitec 645 MG BB servo, everything is working great. If you using 12 volts, servo is Unable hold this power

banjo

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2008, 01:42:11 am »

Hansen,
With regard to your ballast tanks.

Please tell me if you think there is any advantage, other than not having the boat "pre-weighted", to your water ballast?
Do you have these tanks "baffled" to combat any free surface effect or do you rely on them being "pressed up"

I should like to compare the water line on your Tito to mine..

Pic please.

Regards,

:)

catengineman

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2008, 11:27:57 am »

Hi

Took mine down the lake today first real test sinse its been semi finished, found some problems steerin servos are next to useless so they are going to be changed, and also after about 10 mins the speed controlers seemed to mess up,  just going along then one of them started going backwards and the other fowards   ???  was abit funny gettin it back as it just went around and around lol when pushin the stick faward  :rolleyes: not sure how it did it as they are pluged in with a Y lead so hmm lol anyways once i got it back i turned everything off then back on and it had sorted its self out

also i need to hook the elecs up with a comp thingy to the s/s

oh lol duno how you lot use yours and not nock small bits off   :D

All the best

Congrats on building this great tug,

I think you are driving both your steering nozzels from one stick, I have the same tug and I use independant controls but even then I found with my first build the servos were not strong enough so I got some beefy ones from Westbourne's which did the trick.
You say that the ESC's went a bit hay-wire? I think you may find that the ASD's were being turned round by the prop wash / drag.
I watched this happen while in my swimming pool with Tito being driven.
Once I had changed my servos it all went fine. I run with two 12 volt LSA's driving main motors, stern winch, bow winch bow thrust and anchor winch, I also have one 6 volt LSA for the control of REC, lights servos and electronic switchers, three ESC's and the final bilge pump.

Yes you may find out that the ASD's will let some water into your hull ! Cost me an 9 channel REC  :embarrassed:
I have looked for the type and name of the servos' but sorry not located it yet and as you know there is a lot of work to remove them once the deck is down  :(     if I find it I'll post info.

R,

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 12:59:56 pm »

How did the water ballast tanks work out in practice?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

offshore1987

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2008, 06:11:39 pm »

Catengineman, Thanks for the info  O0  I dont think it was the servos when it went abit funny, im kinda thinkin now that the left ESC reset its self, im using tornado ESC which are auto set ( i might have to change them maybe )

I dont think i got any water in the hull from the back, Just a alittle bit from the bowthruster, im running her on a salt water lake so maybe a bilge pump might be a good idear in mine to  ;D

Oh  {-) i did silicone the rear hatchs in  ::) as well as screws so i guys il probs have to cut the hatchs out ( yaaay lol ) I think im going to try the 24kg servos so touch wood i wont ever have to worry about them

Still got some bits to finish on her but from seein it on the lake im very pleased at how well she sits and dosnt bob up and down  :D

P.s dont take your boat apart to see what the servos are  O0 i know how much of a pain it is lol  :angel:

Thanks again :)

All the best

Hansen

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2008, 07:11:24 pm »

How are water ballast tanks works? Very simple.On the pictures you can see, how they are looking just installed in the hull.You can see a lot of space for motors, Schottel drives and power batteries.On the bottom of the hull are holes, on the top is plastic pipe- air access. Top of the tank is 2cm below waterline, so tank is always full, you can make there also pick up for water monitors. It is not problem. once you will put ship on the water, in one minute or so, tanks are full.  once you are ready to go home, just pick up ship out of lake, water will run out of the hull by itself. There are no any pumps.Advantage is light ship, you saving money on lead, there is not transportation and manipulation with lead, what can be problem in BIG ship.My friend and me are working on large battleships, where is required a lot of ballast. But size as Tito Neri is OK for this system.On the pictures my friends hull of Braveheart with installed tanks

offshore1987

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 08:37:13 pm »

Hehe new toys  :D

i hope spendin the little bit more pays off lol or £200 down the drain grr  :o also got a torando 6v 4100 rx pack :) to power them

got these to maybe go on too i might not use the boat though  :)

now starts the job of ripin the hatchs out looooool and i used very stronge silicon   8)

offshore1987

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 08:48:32 pm »

Well fitted them last and in the vid i hadnt set them up very well, as you might see iv made them fit better now so the gear isnt right at the top when meshin with the main gear  :)

They are abit fast as well haha so i might have to try and slow them down or move the stick very slow  :rolleyes:

so far i think its money well spent but... not tryed it on the water yet

All the best

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2008, 10:15:27 am »

Would lowering the voltage help ?

Run the supply to both in series, maybe.   Just a thought.

Cheers...Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

offshore1987

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »

Hi Tug Kenny  :) lowin the voltage would lower the power of the servos  ;) ta for the help though :) Copyed whats below from what i put on another forum before i saw your reply

:) well got it out on the water today and WoW!! what a boat!!  :D

the new servos worked perfect  :cool:  it really needed them and now it runs perfect under full power, i was running it at full power all over the lake and it didnt do anything other than go great

Bow wave WoW its perfect,  i loved going full power then turnin back into the wash lol and runnin her flat out back through it  :p

she even sits flat and dosnt bob up and down even with abit of a chop ( didnt think it would sit so well )

lights worked great so did the hunter smoke unit

oh and the speed controlers worked great too, i think before when usein the BEC and the 3003 servos they stalled maybe it pulled to much power then that reset the speed controler

i think i like lookin at it at home just as much as running her on the lake, i got alittle bored after 30 mins at the lake lol

all the best

P.s i didnt get any pics or a vid :(

offshore1987

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2008, 09:53:28 pm »

Woo i took another pic of her today lookin abit naked and got her a pressy

shes been layed up for ages from lack of time but here she is

and this is the pressy

and this is about the size, its 10 foot pool :)

I got it because i can never get down the lake and settin the weight up in the bath is just annoying so next best thing lol a little pool :) il have ago at settin it up tomorrow then try the tito in it :) il take some pics of course

Im having some problems with the digi switcher AGAIN grr i cant get the lights to work with it so im thinkin of ripin it out and... puttin the batt up in the s/s and having it independant of the rest of the boat so i can dissplay it nice and so on :)

All the best

offshore1987

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2008, 11:26:20 pm »

Got the pool kinda up, only took 7 hours to fill  :D  i got fed up with waiting so just had some fun while it was fillin, my garden is on abit of a slope so its not perfect

As you may see i didnt clean in, it looks rather dirty with dust all over it  :p great little test pool though, im thinkin maybe i should of got a smaller one though, iv been playing with the U16 in it too little sub looks tiny lol £40 well spent though good little pool

just some pics, if you look on my photobucket theres all my tito pics and vids :)

oh and the rear hatchs aint in, if anyone was thinkin id painted them black  :) i think il put them in tomorrow and do some full speed turning and see how swoped it gets, just got to set it up alittle better then shes ready for real lake time, im not sure why but at very slow speeds on the speed controlers shuts off then slow going back the other one shuts off, im guessin it how iv wired them up or something, i dont notice it when on the rear lake as never go that slow, but i might have alittle poke around

Iv also taken the digi light switcher out and im going to wire in a swtich and put the batt up in the s/s so i can take it off easyer ( just makes sense ) might fit the batt in there over the weekend, then its just finishing the detail stuff and the mast ( anyone wanna build my mast lol )  :p

Hope you like anyways, cant wait to see some more of your stuff

all the best

offshore1987

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2008, 01:37:32 am »

Today i finally got it the lake, after doing some more bits to it and its now running on 2.4. Ok well the spektrum dx6i worked perfect!!!! shockinly well

Right was all good till the right schottle thing went wronge yet again, damn these things, but on another note im glad it did as when i brung it back to the side of the lake i took the s/s off to find salt water in her and rather alot lol, i think the ancor wells are lettin in water under full power  :rolleyes:  so gota sort that anyways, lucky it was just not high anoth to get onto the wood where the speed controler are and the batt for the reciver, but apart from that it went well, iv added more weight in her so its not sittin perfect but it done the job, im going to be fittin a bildge pump in her sometime now as well  :)

iv also put a reciver pack in the s/s so its totally independant from the hull, its a got a hunter power board up in there, which turns the lights on n off and will turn the radar on n off when i get that far as to fit it and the mast   :p  as you know im lazy and take for ever to do soemthing

hes a short little vid was to buzy playing to film lots, thats also my dads fishing boat 32 inchs long something like 14 wide looks rather bif next the small lookin tito  :o again his is on 2.4 same controler and it worked perfect too the range was blissfull one end to the other no probs

All the best

banjo

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2008, 02:53:59 am »

O0

Good video....
Why have you got your navigation lights on the opposite sides to the rest of the world?

You certainly can't complain about the speed..its going like a rocket!!

Keep up the good work..

;D

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2008, 10:35:04 am »

Lovely model but as Banjo says you do appear to have your red and green navigation lights the wrong way round.  ;)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

offshore1987

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2008, 06:39:03 pm »

{-) oh yeah lol   really didnt notice that  :angel:

Shes got a good speed, its hocked upto 2x 12v batts so a big 12v per motor, its going alittle bit slower than last time because of the weight up the front now, before i added that bit more weight up the front it lifted the bow up higher and went a tad faster, when i put the bildge pump in the back half it should help abit more

all good though redone the schottle now, i think the problem is the servo is to power full for the schottle now... cant really win on that front, at full power then turning the servo fast i think the gears or something in there slips ( in the schottle ) and it all moves to a diffrent position :o

little bit more work to seal the front anchor weels or one of them then its all go again, im going to strip the left schottle again because i have a feelin that its all got loose in there again  ??? I may just buy 2 new schottle and start again....

All the best and thanks for the comments

P.s the link for youtube its loaded a tad bit better on there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJMzLjmq1OQ

offshore1987

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2008, 11:53:36 pm »

Just a few pics of my robbe work lights  O0

Now i have played about with the cam and they dont look this bright in real life, and under day light or room lights you cant see them  :( ( they aint very bright )

But anyways i think they look cool anoth

More to come when i do it :)

All the best

Don

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2008, 04:26:09 am »

I am interested in trying the water ballast tanks. 
How did you go about designing them?
Did you calculate how much water they would hold?
It also looks like they were formed with wood is this correct?

Thanks

Don

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »

I thought this had been removed years back  %%

Have been doing a few bits to it lately

And a vidy, was abit hard to record with a phone and drive it  :}

All the best

Dan

offshore1987

• Full Mayhemer
  • Good to be back
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2012, 10:50:48 pm »

This is the same vid but a better upload onto youtube watch this one rather than the one above  :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TRBTTOwrTY&list=UUCXkkbA4XyUvJ_rmSijI21w&index=1&feature=plcp

Dan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.