Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tito neri build  (Read 26128 times)

offshore1987

Tito neri build
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:59:24 pm »

Hi everyone, just puttin some pics up of whats gone on so far

All in all iv had this tug for over 4 years, i got it just before my 16th bday as a pressy  :angel: This is my first real build of a model boat, i built a leser model some time back, but thats it, im more into free hand building and not very good with plans

Il keep this updated when i do some more :)

Right oh these are some pics of the tug kinda lookin at its life so far  :)

years ago ^^ got all the wood in and was just seein how she would look

wiring went in ^^ :) and was testing things

couldnt wait so had to give it a run

oh hehe well i got some other boats so the tito was dry docked for a long long time

work started again :)

rubed down hull :)

primed deck, its going to be grey

how some of the lights will work  ;D

test smoke unit  >:D

She went very very well on the water imo probs dosnt need a bow thruster as it turns anyway with out it but i guess it will help at some point

Iv got some bad vids of when she was run :)  tbh i was only testin it at this point so didnt have everything set up

i done something alittle silly well two things lol its abit late im sleepy and drillin and i drilled a hole in the wronge place "opps" you might be able to spot it maybe  ;D

lights are in, just gota put spot lights on ( holes already drilled ) but i pulled the wire alittle to hard and had to cut the shrink tube off "opps again" but solderd back on just gota get some more shrink tube today then fit them on and all sorted, also pipe work is all glued now

pics here

shows size of the 12v 12ah and a 12v 7ah

brushless fans

new bigger hole to get batts in, also dad painted hull green, but its going to be grey :) so painting that soon

smoke :) im still huntin around for a jjc unit but for the time il be usein the hunter unit, i might even get another and run one per stack

the cool lights :) im really chuffed with how they turned out, im going to add a flashin red or white or both to the tower and i have a  solid red to use somewhere but i might get some more white ones for deck/working lights

also ordered a elec dual switcher :) so some time in the week that should turn up then touch wood should have super cool lights  ;D

plan atm is to seal the batts in ( which is really going to be a pain ) means carryin around 18 kg to the lake lol and its about 2/3s of a mile to the lake  :'(

the thing that is worryin me the most is the smoke unit, just that it gets hot, iv been told that maybe tin foil might do the trick at keepin heat away from things

done alittle more, WoW the spot lights were a total pain but got there in the end  >:D

i know the lights are around the wronge way  ;D

where the smoke unit will hopefully go :)

im lovin the grey deck :) so much better than the green that was on there

only first cote has gone on :) will do another one tomorrow then jobs a good un

so much more to come, i kinda wish i hadnt of addin the lead shot when first building the model as their would be more going in like sound unit and working chain/anchor

oks well this is what she looks like with most of the weight in her, stuff got other bits to go in, but the batts are in and what not

when shes done it will be over weight tut tut but hopefully moving the water line up abit might help

:) been planin the towing pole, two large poles with a smaller one going through, and going to solder it in place, hopefully it should be rather stronge so i can tow large things ( when its finished and at some point il be towin a rear boat with it )

if all gos well then with in 2 weeks it should, touch wood be finished  >:D

when shes done and finally finished il put a vid up of the model running :)

Oks oks  ;D this is how the smoke unit should look and work, im going to stick some brass pipe out the end to give it a better look :)

For some more pics :)

needs to be cute down of course  ;D

if you can guess what the thing is on the left/infront of the tug  you win a medal

oks back on the build :)

i did this today... but.... iv taken the fan back out, and i might take the smoke unit out all together as its really startin to annoyin me

after 2 hours i got the pipe work to line up grrr  >:D then the fan had probs gettin the air into the smoke unit

another vid   ;D

on a nice carm day it should work very well, touch wood

just wanted to see what it looked like out side so made a alittle vid at the same time :)

towin pole is in now, and electrics have just gota be sorted out then the paint will be done, iv hooked the fan up with the smoke unit so they turn on at the same, then im puttin a switch in ( which will be turned on by a servo ) so i can turn the smoke unit off to cool down for alittle while when runnin the boat

also re glue the windows in as more have just randomly feel out lol the once thats done move onto the bottom bit of the s/s :)

:) i did two pics to show how it looks with a dim red light, the only thing with the red light is you cant see it in sun light but you can see the white in the sun light 

:)

Me switcher finally came ;D just been playin about with it so as always theres a vid  ;) ( il make a good vid when the boat is finished )

Im going to put the red LED up on the mast :)

all the best

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
Re: Tito neri build
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:29:56 am »

if you can guess what the thing is on the left/infront of the tug  you win a medal

Steering wheel out of a dragster...  ???

offshore1987

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:34:40 am »

Your close it came outa something very fast that lets say endin up on the bottom of a lake for some time  O0 any guess's now?

Captain Povey

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:02:36 am »

Hi Offshore, All your hard work is paying dividends, she looks great. I will guess at the sterring wheel from Bluebird. Cheers Graham

titoneri

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 12:10:05 pm »

Well done its looking better all the time.

offshore1987

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:07:10 pm »

Ta chaps  O0 Its getting their, today its gone back off to the work shop so the black can be put on the hull  :D

Sorry about the messy first post, i used alot of it from another post iv put on a diffrent forum, cant seem to go back and edit it better now

Touch wood she should be all painted (hull) by next week sometime

Also thanks to Martin from on here that i should have a new smoke unit going in next week sometime or the week after  O0

Il make a nice vid when shes done of her on the water, i was thinkin maybe makin a free hand oil rig to tow around but not sure on that yet, shouldnt be to hard though

Also yep the bule bird wheel  ;) you win  O0

all the best

offshore1987

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:03:57 pm »

:D Im alittle shocked look what turned up

I wasnt planin to mask it up till tomorrow, but... my cool dad masked it and sprayed the black on  O0

Almost there, just going to wait till tomorrow for it to set then touch up some bit and its done :) just got to start on the s/s

All the best

Captain Povey

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 08:13:00 pm »

Hey, Thats a really good paint job. Does your dad take sub contract work? Ive got a couple of boats that could do with his magic touch. Ok Joe cool so how come the Bluebird wheel just happens to be sitting in your dining room? Cheers Graham

offshore1987

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 08:46:55 pm »

Me dad dosnt really do painting as a job but hes a dab hand at it, hes painted alot of things in the past, not sure if he would paint any more models lol he said it was a pain  ::)

Its come out just right, the way we planed it was to not have it rubbed down then painted over and over so its not to shinie  :) its got more of a real look to it. Kinda come out well seems it was down in a cold workshop at out side temperature  :) it had 6 cotes of black in the end lol

Just have to go around the inside with a cotton bud and patch up some grey bits, then it should be ace  O0

The bluebird wheel was won by me dad  :) has to go back soon for the winner of the 2007 ( my dad is 2006 british offshore champion ) "class 3"

all the best, more to come soon

offshore1987

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 09:39:06 pm »

just another pic  :) im just gluein the last bits of pipe work in now

all the best

offshore1987

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 04:57:17 am »

Iv just finished wiring the hole thing up  O0 going to spend today when i get up testin it and finishing off some bits then maybe if all gos well might take it to the lake sunday  :D

All the best

offshore1987

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 11:43:47 pm »

Up dates  :) all the wiring has gone in yaay lol and its all finished, just got to fit stacks on then the bottom bit of the s/s can be painted, im going to bolt the wheel house on so it can be taken off again when needed, but the fixings are in for that, just the detailing side of things to do now then the water tests will happen probs next weekend   O0

hope you injoy the pics

all the best

banjo

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 12:24:44 am »

Great paint job, the smoke stacks look as tho' they will work well;  but OH! the nav lights!!

O0

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 01:40:52 am »

It is looking good Mate...

Can i suggest that you make the mast hinged at the bottom so that it can fold back for transporting...This way it can fit under the Bootlid/cover  of most cars and is out of sight from prying eyes when unattended...

It is also a lot easier to carry this way...

...Best Regards...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

offshore1987

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 02:37:22 am »

Thanks banjo  O0

Norry thats some very good advice  ;) i was wonderin what todo about that, im not to sure how im going todo the mast yet i might do it abit diffrent from the plans, il either make it as you've said and fold it back or take it off all together  :)

all the best

offshore1987

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 05:53:00 pm »

FIRE FIRE FIRE!! LOL

Oks lucky i didnt take it to the lake today!!!  the stupid mtroniks ESC set alight!! in the boat! while it was in the bath! sounded abit odd took the S/S off and it was pissin smoke out ( lots of smoke ) and the ESC and wiring and some of the wood was on fire 

lucky i noticed it or.. the rest of it would of gone grr 

Apart from that its great 

p.s im not having a good 2 days lol   :embarrassed:

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 07:59:54 pm »

banjo

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 09:10:57 pm »

Offshore..
You did have fuses fitted..didn't you?..

norry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 10:31:57 pm »

...Hi "offshore1987"...

Here is a picture showing the Folding Mast on my "SCOTCH PRIDE" model...

See what you think...Norry...

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 10:41:47 pm »

Norry

Can't see how it's hinged or fixed upright from the photos.

For interest One of our club members uses a miniature jack plug which not only keeps the mast firmly vertical but neatly allows continuity for any lights fitted.

I thought it was a neat solution.

Cheers

Doug
Don't Assume Check

norry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 10:53:42 pm »

Theres a more detailed explanation in a Private Message I sent You...
If this doesn,t help I will have a go at a drawing of it...Norry...

offshore1987

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 11:55:47 pm »

Hi chaps, i was usein a BEC so not sure why it set fire it was under volted so it was safe ( i did this so it was so fast and seemed more real ) im guessin something went wronge with the BEC or the ESC, not to mater il leave the bow thruster as it is for now and wont use it :)

Norry  O0 thanks for the pm, iv looked on this forum at all the pics of your mast and it looks very cool indeed, never would of guessed it was mc d's spoons :) iv kinda started planin me mast before i came on, i was thinkin 2 coper pipes smaller one on top and bigger one in wheel house so i can thread all my lights into it and then down into the hull, then when needed pullin it up alittle and lettin it fold over onto something made on the wheel house so it sits nice, il have a bash at it soon and post some pics up :)

I really like your idear though Norry saves weight and saves the pennys :)

All the best :)

offshore1987

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 01:13:47 am »

work gos on slowly

ready for some kinda painting  :) im not sure how to do it yet hmm  :rolleyes:  its going to be white i guess with some black but tbh i have no idear

should have it painted soon though :) then im going to put in some blueish windows, iv fitted and sorted how im going to put the wheel house on so thats all done now, batterys are also sealed in now too  :)

also i took my right drive off and... cut it up lol it now fits better and their isnt any play  :D

this weekend will see it in the water if the weather is nice :)

all the best

offshore1987

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 10:14:10 pm »

Hi again :)

Just been doing some more bits

cant get over how big the rear winch is  :o

s/s is almost painted, when thats done then finally finishing can be done :0

all the best

P.S not been to the lake yet :( its been crap and i was i wasnt very well, if this weekend is nice :)

Hansen

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 06:25:35 pm »

I have in process this tug too, it is monster power tug.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.