Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caravaning  (Read 12897 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Caravaning
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2008, 04:46:13 pm »

What about poor old KenP then ,he comes from Verwood Dorset, does he have to behave as well ? {-)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

KenP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2008, 06:41:47 pm »

I don't do behaving.

KenP

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2008, 07:04:41 pm »

But you dont misbehave well either Ken!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

botchit

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2008, 10:32:26 am »

Don.
        Would love to attend ill now try my best to get the boat to stop sinking or finnish off my present build.Love llanberis take grand kids museum during summer. As for men behaving badly i think a little bit is allowed, makes for an evenful time for all.
Regards B

KenP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2008, 03:49:12 pm »

Well I actually did clean my caravan today. Top and sides.
Now I suppose the wife will want to go somewhere.
Bang goes modelling time.

sinjon

• Sinjon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2008, 08:06:51 am »

Never tried caravaning, but this year we are wandering down through France in my wife's MGF, staying overnight at Ibis hotels. Stay a week in the Picos de Europa, then get a P&O ferry back home. Not quite caravaning, but a little gypsy like.

Colin
Colin

Stavros

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:59 pm »

Ken P please come and do mine so it will be ready fro the mayhem bash

Stavros

KenP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2008, 04:16:55 pm »

You must me joking, Stavros.
When i finished my right shoulder joint was aching,  quite put me off my golf the next day - at least that was my excuse !!!!

Mr Andy

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2008, 05:00:21 pm »

Do you still need a passport to get into Wales ?

Yes you do and make sure the last stamp wasn't from England {-) {-)

All the best Andy. O0

Bradley

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2008, 02:50:30 pm »

Interesting bits about caravanning but anyone thinking of giving up I would advise a long think about it.  I gave up last year, sold my caravan and every bit of gear with it.  Eventually realised that, apart from the extortionate cost of accommodation in this country, my style was somewhat cramped so convinced 'er indoors that we still needed a caravan.  Fortunately, without searching too far I found a one owner, 1995, 2 berth, ABI Rallyman in nice condition.  Much older than the one I sold but will do fine for this geriatric old codger and I can now pay my first visit to a Mayhem weekend next month, sadly without a boat at the moment.  Looking forward to a weekend of drooling (over model boats, that is).  I did say drooling - I might be an old codger but I am not dribbling yet !!!! O0  I used to tow with a 4x4 but now use a Jaguar X Type diesel estate and it tows without any problems. :angel:
Derek Bradley.

Mr Andy

« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2008, 08:15:15 pm »

The price of caravan sites stinks, it is cheaper now to use the van and do weekend shows, your entry and pitch is inclusive, negative side no mains hook up, but if you have a toilet it doesn't really matter much.

Andy.  :)

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2008, 09:40:50 pm »

I've noticed some caravan site are advertised as "Adults Only", what goes on there then ??? :o
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Stavros

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »

OOH would'nt you like to know

Stavros

Mr Andy

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2008, 08:14:06 pm »

Oh it's for the older people not OAP's specialy who want the holiday in peace without children banging about, and I know how they feel.

Stavros I'm sure you know than your letting on mate, I take it you travel light then {-)

Andy. ;)

lifeboat paul

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 11:29:43 pm »

Hi, Ive got a twenty six and a half foot 1992 swift conqueror.
 Bought it cheap about three years ago, I knew it had a bit of damp and the floor was delaminating, well , Ive ended up rebuilding half of it again!
I use it a couple of times a year with the family , but suet at least four times a year with my club mates at the shows.
The only rule I have with it when we use it for the shows is that if you use the toilet for number two`s- then your the one who will be emptying it !( the warning has payed off so far) too much information ah!

Another great thing about caravaning when you are on a single lane road , it`s lovely not a car in sight , I always wonder where they all go (  behind you !) I hope Jeremy Clarkson is one of those!

Taking the caravan to Alfold this weekend - taking some boards in case we sink in the grass  due to the weight of the payload       (beer) and after all the wet weather we've be having .

Paul.

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2008, 04:33:34 pm »

Hi Paul
Pleased to hear about the load your bringing to Alfold, should you require help unloading give me a shout.
Hope you have a boat or two as well.
Oh and by the Jeremy Clarkson films Top Gear next door at Dunsfold, on the old Aerospace airfield so he may be behind you.
Alan

deano

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2008, 09:13:05 pm »

hi im new to this site model boater full size boater caravaner and full time mechanic!
i have a 1980's super sprite musketeer we go to a site in weymouth the littlesea site costs us 45 for a week with 16 amo hookup sea view and full use of the facilities just have to shop around! booked twice this year went twice last year

lifeboat paul

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2008, 02:25:50 pm »

Hi Paul
Pleased to hear about the load your bringing to Alfold, should you require help unloading give me a shout.
Hope you have a boat or two as well.
Oh and by the Jeremy Clarkson films Top Gear next door at Dunsfold, on the old Aerospace airfield so he may be behind you.
Alan

Alan,
We will take you up on your kind offer , we`ll need some one to carry all the emptys out !

Paul, Del and Dom. {-)

andyn

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2008, 05:07:47 pm »

Oh it's for the older people not OAP's specialy who want the holiday in peace without children banging about, and I know how they feel.

Stavros I'm sure you know than your letting on mate, I take it you travel light then {-)

Andy. ;)

Ahh you ruined it...    ;)

Mr Andy

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 09:38:38 pm »

Just spent two nights at Tabley Park in Cheshire went too a show, ended up right under the runway approach to Manchester Airport {-) {-) There again for the Cheshire Steam Rally in July I'll have too take year muffs. :)

All the best Andy. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.