Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: paint  (Read 1353 times)

tubby tomo

paint
« on: January 27, 2008, 01:49:41 pm »

HI all if i used a non cellulose paint undercoat and then varnished with a water based varnish do you think it would react to cellulose paint  :-\ on the varnish

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: paint
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:48:35 pm »

I wouldn't be at all surprised.  Years ago I primed a sill with red oxide, and having left it a couple of days, sprayed it a fetching shade of wedgewood blue, and put it aside for another couple of days.  A perfect finish, except that there was a tiny bubble in one corner.  Ok, sand it back and give it a squirt.  The sanding grabbed the edges of the burst bubble.  Two pulls, and the entire paint job was unpeeled like two halves of a big blue banana skin.  Incompatibility takes many forms.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:06:40 pm »

Tubby, the best way to find it out: Have a try one a sample piece.
I use to make always tries if I buy a new spraycan either of primer, coat or varnish as I was told that often, even if it is the same brand the buy it from different manufacturers. So this is the reason why your primer, even when ou have bought dozens of cans before, might react different to the acolor you have used a dozend times as well.

Avoyd the stress- have a sample piece.

Happy painting,
Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 04:13:01 pm »

Dont think it will BUT try a scarp piece first just to be sure

Stavros

tubby tomo

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:26:08 pm »

thanks 4 your help yes i did try on a sample first and its OK no blistering i like to put a questen to you guys because you come back with other ideas i allways get a good responce  thanks again  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.