The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

British barque RAVENSWOOD 1877

(1/6) > >>

Positive:
I have just started my latest miniature, the British iron barque RAVENSWOOD of 1877.? ?1,089 tons, 218 feet long 36 feet wide.? ?I have selected a nice piece of obeche from my box of offcuts.? ? ?This type of model is relatively simple, but nevertheless, it will make an attractive model.? ? ? Unfortunately, there is not much interest in this sort of thing these day - but here goes:

riggers24:
I can only speak for myself but I look forward to the next installment of your builds

Marc

Colin Bishop:
If you don't post Positive, then no one will be aware of these types of model and that would be a shame. I bought a nice sheet of limewood at Squires in Bognor this afternoon with a view to having a go at a miniature myself. The place is an absolute modellers Aladdin's cave - I didn't want to come away! Having spent most of the day putting polish on my new/old 21ft yacht, the idea of something a bit smaller really appeals!

Positive:
Done a bit of work on it.? ?Cut the rough hull & fitted scored maindeck.? ?Cut raised poop & forecastle & assembled the quadrant beading.? ?The acrylic display case sides will be cut to fit in this wood quadrant framework.? ?Looks a bit rough at the moment, but should soon be looking a bit better!

Wetwater:
Like Rigger's, I will also be watching your progress. And like Colin, I am also getting nearer to having a go at something as well.

Your Website is usually the first thing I look at when I switch on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version