Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: British barque RAVENSWOOD 1877  (Read 6909 times)

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
    • Miniature Merchant Ships
Re: British barque RAVENSWOOD 1877
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2006, 08:05:08 pm »

I have now completed all the fore-and-aft sails.? ? This has been quite a tedious job as there were so many of them ? 16 in total!? ?It is not that they are difficult items to fit, but apart from the spanker & gaff topsails, the jibs & staysails are all the same and it can get a bit tedious.? ? The next task is to complete the standing rigging which consists of the fore & main topmast & t?gallant shrouds & ratlines and the remaining backstays on fore & main masts.? ? ?Then I will only have the eleven square sails, together with their yards & associated running rigging to make & fit.

Regards
Positive

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
    • Miniature Merchant Ships
Re: British barque RAVENSWOOD 1877
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 06:09:21 pm »

The standing rigging is complete and all the fore-and-aft sails are set & rigged.? ? The addition of the topmast & t?gallant mast shrouds & ratlines on fore & mainmasts involved a further 500 + soldered joints in addition to those on the lower masts & mizzen mast.? ? ?The soldering is almost complete now.? ? Only the fore & mainyards will be soldered in position, the remainder will be held by glue & rigging.
All the 11 yards have already been made & painted from a combination of brass, copper & steel rod.? ? There will be five square sails on the foremast and six on the mainmast, the extra one being the main skysail.? ? ? The model is now coming up to completion and should be finished by the end of the week and then I will be getting myself back to either a steamship or a motorship, not decided what it will be yet!

Regards
Positive
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.