Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Painting, Finishing and Care.

Large tins of Humbrol

(1/5) > >>

Shipmate60:
Anyone seen larger tins oh Humbrol No 70 Brick Red.
I am painting a 10 foot hull which has been previously painted so using Humbrol, but small tinlets costing a fortune!!

ambernblu:

Hi.... I'm going into the Model Shop at Leeds today (ex-Flying Models) so I'll have a look see what they have.... and get back to you!

Daryl:
Humbrol is owned by the same people who own Heller and Airfix. I have heard that they have drastically reduced their range of paints and the large range in particular. If you go on the Airfix web site there is a chart of the ones currently available or a link to Humbrols web site.

In my local model shop Antics they still sell the small cans of Humbrol Acrylic which Humbrol stopped making over two years ago.

Daryl

Malcolm Reade:
Mornin' all

We use red Humbrol for painting our large and small cowl vent bowls.? We normally pick up a couple of tins from Robin of Cammett Ltd when we see him at a show.

He tells us that Humbrol is going to be discontinued in a year or so because the manufacturer won't be able to get it to comply with incoming Health & Safety legislation!? The whole world is going bonkers!? ::) ::) ::)

I have seen large tins for sale in the Hobbycraft shops that you see around the Country, our nearest one is at Bridgemere Garden Centre in South Cheshire.

Regards

Malcolm

Daryl:
Great now what! Do you know if they have any plans to reinstate their range in the future or is it curtains for them. Puts the model enthusiasts in a bit of a pickle.

I wonder how Airfix and Revell are taking the news as both refer to Humbrol in their instructions.

Daryl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version