Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: p92/94/Action!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6663 times)

Tom Eccles

p92/94/Action!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 02, 2008, 09:15:51 pm »

Hi Barry,
I have to claim a little (modest) interest in that thar P92.

Dave made the pre prototype for me because I needed something to help an idiot like me connect things up. I understand that (pre prototype) led directly to the S92.

It is good to see that it has gone international {-) {-) {-)

Tom

barryfoote

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 10:31:18 pm »

Hi Barry,
I have to claim a little (modest) interest in that thar P92.

Dave made the pre prototype for me because I needed something to help an idiot like me connect things up. I understand that (pre prototype) led directly to the S92.

It is good to see that it has gone international {-) {-) {-)

Tom
Well Tom,

Judging by the P92, I can't wait for the P94 to come out. Two ESC's and a mixer in one little box. That should be worth having for my twin screw.. :D :D :D

Dave Buckingham

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 08:45:54 am »

Hi Barry
P94 any details sounds interesting.Very usefull all in on box.

After that I need four screws the middle two coming in at half power for dash power.

Capt/Barry also does a mod for the Action mixer to do the above

I have just used Capt/Barrys mixer and it works very well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130195052189&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

just use the number.
Dave

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:07:11 pm »

Hi Barry
P94 any details sounds interesting.Very usefull all in on box.

After that I need four screws the middle two coming in at half power for dash power.

Capt/Barry also does a mod for the Action mixer to do the above

I have just used Capt/Barrys mixer and it works very well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130195052189&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

just use the number.
Dave

Hi Dave,
The P94 should be released by Action in the next few weeks. It is literally 2 speed controllers and a mixer in one compact box, only 75 mm long. FLJ has promised me one as soon as it is ready so will keep you posted. It plugs into the P92 distribution board, which I will show you on 24th. It should keep the electrics simple, which is a big advantage to me :-\

Have checked the mixer on ebay and it sounds good but the overall costs will be more than the P94, so I will do as I promised and wait for FLJ to pull a piece of magic out of the box!!

Barry

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 12:35:46 pm »

Barry,

Don't forget you also need fuses between the motors and the P94. I think that is P95 - can't keep up with Wombat and his designs. Not sure how much Dave is charging for those - I made my own with some strip board. ;)

Barrie

barryfoote

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »

Barry,

Don't forget you also need fuses between the motors and the P94. I think that is P95 - can't keep up with Wombat and his designs. Not sure how much Dave is charging for those - I made my own with some strip board. ;)

Barrie
Barrie,

Definitely P94 unless they change their minds. Fused it will be...  thanks..

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 01:49:42 pm »

P95 it is. Just ordered the PCBs for these. Price for complete units should be £4.50 for the single board; £8.50 for the twin, and £12 for the triple one. This includes a bi-colour LED to indicate not only a flow of current but also its directions (i.e. gives a visual check on your ESC functioning) and two fuses. Kit versions will be available. More details later on Traders Only.
FLJ

barryfoote

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 02:34:04 pm »

P95 it is. Just ordered the PCBs for these. Price for complete units should be £4.50 for the single board; £8.50 for the twin, and £12 for the triple one. This includes a bi-colour LED to indicate not only a flow of current but also its directions (i.e. gives a visual check on your ESC functioning) and two fuses. Kit versions will be available. More details later on Traders Only.
FLJ
CONFUSION REIGNS!!

I am talking about the single box containing 2 ESCs and a mixer. I have an email from dave calling it the P94. Is this P95 thingy something else please????If so WHAT?? ???Brain going to sleep now :'( :'(

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 03:10:31 pm »

Footski

Slow down - too much sunshine ands sangria, I reckon. Read the following; copy and paste it into a suitable program; make it MUCH BIGGER then print it out and pin it to your workshop wall - lest there be any further confustifications:

P94 = Dual ESC/Mixer. I know you want one of these for Lady T; I haven't forgotten. I've promised one to Shipmate60 as well.

P95 = Indicator Fuse Boards (aka da fings wot barryW is on abaaht, 'cos they wuz sort-of 'is idea). The P92 D/B takes care of the wiring from the battery to the ESCs but these little devils fit in the line between the ESCs and the motors, giving you belt-and-braces protection. I'll send you a data sheet when I've finalised everything.

You can blame old Whitely for confusing you; he gets me in such a flap sometimes that I forget to put things into his kits!  ;)

Davey B

I have some specifications for the P94 in Word 2003 format. PM on its way.

FLJ

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 03:57:40 pm »

[
P95 = Indicator Fuse Boards (aka da fings wot barryW is on abaaht, 'cos they wuz sort-of 'is idea). T
You can blame old Whitely for confusing you; he gets me in such a flap sometimes that I forget to put things into his kits!  ;)

Hi FLJ

I don't know about my idea - I reckon that Australian mythical beast ripped off my design after I showed him mine at the last club night - royalties might be required {-)

Anyway, if I didn't keep telling Footski what he needed to buy from you, you would be struggling for the price of the next cup of coffee - thats two suppressor kits and a double P95 I've sold for you :D

Barrie

Dave Buckingham

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 04:15:35 pm »

Hi FLJ
PM Received I want one pretty please P94 and de fusey thing.

Waiting in the wings is a kit for a MTB FOUR engines need mixer to handle this with the two centre shafts only coming in on forward high speed.

Dave

barryfoote

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 04:22:30 pm »

[
P95 = Indicator Fuse Boards (aka da fings wot barryW is on abaaht, 'cos they wuz sort-of 'is idea). T

Hi FLJ

I don't know about my idea - I reckon that Australian mythical beast ripped off my design after I showed him mine at the last club night - royalties might be required {-)

Anyway, if I didn't keep telling Footski what he needed to buy from you, you would be struggling for the price of the next cup of coffee - thats two suppressor kits and a double P95 I've sold for you :D

Barrie

I sense a conspiracy coming on!!!!!Still it is bloody good kit.

Thanks FLJ. 

Notice I stuck the Action stickers on the kit before taking the photo.....Free advertising or what??   Have put the red wine down for a while, had a good sleep and am feeling much better now :D :D

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 04:51:26 pm »

Footski
Free? Those flaming stickers cost me 8p + VAT each (delivered), and that's if I buy a thousand at a time. I've just watched Scotland losing to France and I'm thick with a cold. If it wasn't for this nice big gin and tonic I'd be almost suicidal.

BarrieW
I am humbled by your sales efforts on our behalf. Take 5% discount off your next purchase (I'll charge it to Footski). Royalties? But of course, dear thing! You'll be paid the same as Wombat.

Davey B
No real problems - what current do the two centre motors draw, BTW? "De fusey thing"? You're not related to PMK by any chance, are you?

Ah! All this persiflage has drained my glass................must away for a refill  8)

FLJ (Forgot the Lemon Juice)

Dave Buckingham

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 05:11:22 pm »

Hi FLJ
All motors are Dean Marine Kestrals dont  know the draw sorry
Cant find any data but said to be quite low.
Dave

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 05:59:16 pm »

DB
We've well and truly hijacked Barrie's thread here, so I've sent you a PM.
FLJ

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 06:28:23 pm »

KESTRAL
High torque medium, speed motor with a low current consumption. Best use in fast, light, planing models such as M.G.B.s etc. Can be fitted to an Olympus belt drive for large heavy models such as Liberty ships, and Battleships.
Power range 4.8 to 12 volts
Spec. 5 pole.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Tom Eccles

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 07:13:33 pm »

Welcome to the club Barry.

F.L.J. shouts at me as well, especially when I contact him on a Saturday night and it turns out I have not read the circuit diagram thingy properly!

Oh but its nice to be loved!!! ;D

Cheers
Clegg

barryfoote

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 07:26:45 pm »

Welcome to the club Barry.

F.L.J. shouts at me as well, especially when I contact him on a Saturday night and it turns out I have not read the circuit diagram thingy properly!

Oh but its nice to be loved!!! ;D

Cheers
Clegg
Tom,

I had better leave him alone for a while....He is pickled in gin now and full of a cold. Anyway it was an easy mistake to make....Not easy getting all these P92's, P94's which dont exist and now some new fangled thing called a P95.......No wonder my brain hurts. :-\

omra85

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 08:13:20 pm »

Barry
The main thing is to make sure the board mountings are up to the job!
I would use a good fibreglass paste round the posts say -

P38 for the P92 or P95 which are probably quite light
P40 for the P94 as its heavier
but also P40 for the P92 if used with the P94
and if you want to make a really neat job
P38 over P40 for P92 with a P94 and P95  :D :D :D

Right I'm off for a ...................... T

Dave Buckingham

Re: p92/94/Action!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 09:23:48 pm »

Oh Pees
Dave

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 09:32:25 pm »

Is that P for Possibly  {-) {-)
Don't Assume Check

barryfoote

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 09:33:26 pm »

Barry
The main thing is to make sure the board mountings are up to the job!
I would use a good fibreglass paste round the posts say -

P38 for the P92 or P95 which are probably quite light
P40 for the P94 as its heavier
but also P40 for the P92 if used with the P94
and if you want to make a really neat job
P38 over P40 for P92 with a P94 and P95  :D :D :D

Right I'm off for a ...................... T

Oh dear I sense another whiskey coming on :(

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 09:35:45 pm »

Footski

Just don't fall asleep in that 'bath' of yours

Doug
Don't Assume Check

barryfoote

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 09:44:38 pm »

Doug

No worries on that count....A little cool for swimming this time of year.   

Any way can I make a second request to Stavros to please, pretty please put the posts with photos on, back in the Lady T thread, otherwise I may never recover from this day >>:-( >>:-(. More whiskey calling :embarrassed:

Red_Hamish

• Full Mayhemer
  • Have a wee dram and enjoy life
    • Edinburgh Model Boat Club
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 10:03:25 pm »

Hello Barry, I didn't realise you were Irish what with drinking whiskey. Tsk tsl tsk it really should be Single Malt Whisky I'm presently doing justice to some 15yo Dalwhinnie, oh the beauty of working from home  ;D

cheers

Jim
Visit www.paddleducks.co.uk & www.edinburghmodelboatclub.org.uk for all your model boating needs!
See what life is all about www.visitshetland.com/sumburgh-airport-live-video This is the pace of life that the doctors prescribe, so laid back that you
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.