Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new video of my stepped vee  (Read 2614 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
new video of my stepped vee
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:53:51 pm »

heres the latest video of my stepped vee running an ali 78mm prop stock zenoah,shes now running very well.I also have a video of her running with a smaller x470 ali prop and shes now even faster shes running with my mates mercury cat with zen 7 ill try and post that one later,man the cat is fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_KNprezP00

lgosdset

Re: new video of my stepped vee
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:04:50 pm »

nice martno1, If i can get my boat to do something similar to that i will be very happy. Is this the boat with the strimmer engine?

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 02:02:35 pm »

No mate stock zenoah 260 gpum,will be doing some mods at a later date no doubt but right now still trying to get more from this one.Only run 6 tanks through it and tried 2 diff props so plenty more to come i think.I have a good video of it running with my mates cat on another site but i cant upload it here as i dont have the video on my hardrive ,so ill need to have him send me it again.if you want to check it out its here.you might have to join if your not allready a member and if your not yet you should be its a great site for gas boaters. O0
http://rcuvideos.com/item/JBB44D91VLXJ8S5N

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 01:49:11 pm »

well ive been playing arround with some ideas for a new hatch and this is what ive come up with so far.the drivers were made using brown paper and white glue over plastecine  {-).they came out good ,theyre strong too even though they are now hollow.once painted up they should look the part and should be water proof as i used water proof glue and they will be painted also.I found some orange acrylic paint in an art shop that ill use for the hatch along with a few diff colours for the drivers etc.once painted ill seal it all in clear coat.

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:52:15 pm »

well ive been playing arround with some ideas for a new hatch and this is what ive come up with so far.the drivers were made using brown paper and white glue over plastecine  {-).they came out good ,theyre strong too even though they are now hollow.once painted up they should look the part and should be water proof as i used water proof glue and they will be painted also.I found some orange acrylic paint in an art shop that ill use for the hatch along with a few diff colours for the drivers etc.once painted ill seal it all in clear coat.

Man that cat is fast what is it??

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 06:38:35 pm »

mercury cat from dave marles with zen 7 absoluteley ballistic or will be when its run in  :o.should hit 70 mph when he gets it trimmed in with a bit of luck.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:44:50 am »

heres the latest video of my stepped vee running an ali 78mm prop stock zenoah,shes now running very well.I also have a video of her running with a smaller x470 ali prop and shes now even faster shes running with my mates mercury cat with zen 7 ill try and post that one later,man the cat is fast.

Noisy though!!

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 04:29:45 pm »

Noisy though!!

Glenn

funny thing though some fella sold me it as a quiet pipe  :o haha,hey mate had her out again today with a new 6717/3 prop  :o water was rough i mean 8" chop at least and wind like you wouldnt believe but she ran well did a submarine after launching off a wave you know that feelinjg right  {-).didnt get her over 3/4 throttle due to the conditions but she ran 38 mph on the speedo  O0,well happy cant wait for better weather to see what she will do then .got a vid but im having problems on utube at the moment 3rd time lucky ehh  >:(.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 05:06:53 pm »

heres the video,not great quality or cameramanship but hes only 11 lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNDkocDzKYI
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.