Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grey Goose type Steam Gunboats  (Read 1908 times)

Turnberry

Grey Goose type Steam Gunboats
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:56:24 am »

Update on my question about Grey Goose steam gunboats. I have just aquired one of the 1/96 scale John Piper models in mint unmade condition (off ebay), alright it cost me 50 quid but thats what it would have cost you 30 years ago, when it was produced, a lot of money at that time. I had intended to make it as a guide to building a larger 1/48 scale one for which I have the hull & plans. However my quandry now is, it is in such remarkable condition & very scarce, do I make it & enjoy or keep it as it is & maybe just use the plans & some of the details as patterns to scale up but leave the originals intact. What do you think?
                         Turnberry

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Grey Goose type Steam Gunboats
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:24:47 am »

If it was mine I would make it and fit it out.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

djrobbo

Re: Grey Goose type Steam Gunboats
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:28:40 am »

I've just done the same thing with an aerokits crash tender origional kit.............i took the pieces from the kit and traced round them so that i have in effect made the plans for another fire boat complete with bulkheads etc which are not shown on the aerokits plan.....then made or rather still making the kit...........My personal belief is that it was produced to be made and enjoyed............so thats what i'm doing !

Only my opinion of course..........build it !

regards.........bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.