Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crackerbox build  (Read 2462 times)

cammo

crackerbox build
« on: February 10, 2008, 01:30:40 pm »

hey all I'm new here and i just wanted to show off my new boat i built. i would go to a club but i have no clubs it Tasmania that i know of who run power boats. so this forum is the closest thing i have to a club XD he he. Well here it is the crackerbox 1.6m long with a 25cc engine in it :-)

cammo

Re: crackerbox build
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 01:37:42 pm »

and more. the white paint is it done. the blue is a primer the yellow it a primer putty. i hope you all like it. cause the next boat is even bigger hehehe XD 3000mm fishing boat

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:41:43 pm »

You are doing very well. Just out of interest what Freq do you run over there ??
I am going over to Perth next year and was thinking i may take a little electric boat for the relatives to have fun with.
Keep on boating
Bill
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 06:13:08 pm »

Welcome to the forum Cammo and yes I like it. Keep the build photos coming.

Barry

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:06:54 am »

hey all I'm new here and i just wanted to show off my new boat i built. i would go to a club but i have no clubs it Tasmania that i know of who run power boats. so this forum is the closest thing i have to a club XD he he. Well here it is the crackerbox 1.6m long with a 25cc engine in it :-)

Nice crackerbox mate ,one thing i was a little concerned with is the white polystyrene in the front as floatation,it can soak up waterso if you can id remove it and swap it for pool noodles if you can?.If not make sure the forward area is air tight and forget i said anything  ;).Will you be on 2.4 ghz fasst?or fm?.Im not familiar with AUS but i have a mate in Perth who runs model gas boats.he built this one in the pic,ive also posted a video of it ,its a modded zen clone should be fast once he gets the right prop on it.as you can see its not revving out as hes running a very big prop 82 mm i think,hes going down to a x470 prop.As you can see from the pic  he def needs a bigger pond  {-).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cIN_fHYzsI

cammo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 11:36:23 am »

Welcome to the forum Cammo and yes I like it. Keep the build photos coming.

Barry

why thank you Barry when i start work on the big fishing boat i will be sure to post lots of pictures through out the entire build.

martno1fan. about the polystyrene i already removed it as someone else told me it would probably act like a sponge. thanks for the warning anyways tho. if i had not already been informed i would be in the process of pulling the top off now :-) uhhmmm about the frequency I'm running i haven't really looked at it. but i know its an aeroplane controller and radio gear......i didn't want it running off.....bad memory's XD. but I'm starting work on the new fishing boat soon and i need as much info on the deep vee hull as i possibly can get. so if any of you know of some plan pictures i could possibly scale up or anything. your help would be great. its going to be 3000mm long and 800mm wide not sure on a name yet but its big he he

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 02:52:43 pm »

no worries mate just wanted to give you a heads up,it can be sealed with white glue PVA as ive done that on an airboat before.I have some deep vee plans of 48" mono and an offshore 72" one too you could maybe scale them up ?.That one in steves pool is the 72" one he scaled down to 54",just as easy to scale it up,might need extra strengtheners  but doable.NOT A FISHING BOAT BUT A DEEP VEE  {-).

cammo

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:45:50 am »

no worries mate just wanted to give you a heads up,it can be sealed with white glue PVA as Ive done that on an airboat before.I have some deep vee plans of 48" mono and an offshore 72" one too you could maybe scale them up ?.That one in steves pool is the 72" one he scaled down to 54",just as easy to scale it up,might need extra strengtheners  but doable.NOT A FISHING BOAT BUT A DEEP VEE  {-).

that would be great thanks for the offer but i think ill have to buy some plans of a small 40 - 50 foot fishing boat. its mainly the shape of the hull i need to be able to do, the rest is easy enough. but i have started doing some rough measurements and buying some ply wood for it. I'm still unsure about the engine though, i was thinking about a starter motor out of a car and maby some belts to run 2 props off one engine. but someone suggested i buy a 2 Cly diesel engine and put in it!!. it would easily float it and the throttle cable is easy, i just put it on a high torque servo like i have done with the crackerbox. but if anyone knows of a better setup either petrol or electric your input is greatly appreciated   O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:05:57 am »

how about a cruiser mono its open deck at the back like they use for fishing for marlin that sorta thing?.i have a pdf of it you could maybe get scaled up?.if your interested shoot me your email and ills end it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.