Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AZIZ, my winter Build.  (Read 3158 times)

bobinnit

AZIZ, my winter Build.
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:52:31 pm »

Hi all, Ive been a member of this forum for a while now and thought it was about time I started using it.

My lovely partner Linda bought for me for christmas the anchor handling supply tug Aziz,( isnt she nice). So on the !st of january 2008 the build began. First I built the main winch, just to see how well the fittings went together. Brilliant is all I can say, only minor filing to get bits to fit. Here are the results:-

And painted

More to follow    ;)    Bob.

MGrob

Re: AZIZ, my winter Build.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:55:55 pm »

winch looks good...hope to see more of the build

all the best

Rob

bobinnit

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 08:09:15 pm »

Thank's Rob, for everyones information me and Rob (MGRob) are good mates, we Fly RC planes together and race RC offroad cars and truckjs. So heres some more progress pics.

Kort nozzles and motors fitted:-

a spot of paint to the hull:-

and the rear deck:-

wood plank deck cover fitted:-

Finally for now a model slipway bouy built and the ships mascot Tom (built from spare milleput)

bobinnit

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:28:07 am »

How you want to seal rear deck ? I have pictures of two this tugs changed to SUBMARINE. This tug is picking up a LOT of water, rear deck is to low.
I intend to seal the rear deck with 1mm rubber strips and held down with twist clamps. If any fellow "mayhemers" have any suggestions they will be gratefully taken on board. (excuse the pun).

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 10:52:44 am »

Hi Bob

I am watching your build with interest.  I, and several members have built the Aziz. It's a great build and a lovely looking ship.   O0

If you have not read the write ups here, then I recommend you have a scan through, as you are into a 'Can of worms' here with the deck and it's waterproofing ways.

As this ship has a flat rear deck it has to flush water over the side. To this end, you have to protect the lift-up hatch from water ingress. How you do it, is up to you, and we shall be interested in your ideas. Please feel free to ask questions at any time, as we are all here to help each other.

By the way, Welcome to the club and haven't you got a considerate Partner.  ;D

Cheers...Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.