Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fleetscale Bismark - Advice required from someone who's built one  (Read 1943 times)

FullLeatherJacket

Hi Guys
I have a customer in South Australia who's asked for some advice on ESCs, mixers etc and also on what sort/size of motors and batteries he should fit into his Bismark. Fleetscales's website suggests either two Torpedo 800s on the outer shafts or three Torpedo 500s - one on each shaft. Perplexing choice, and no voltages specified. If anyone has built and/or operates one of these beautiful monsters then could you please tell us what your set-up is i.e. number of shafts; motors used and voltage of batteries? I'm afraid I've no experience with models like this and, with him being a long way from anywhere, I don't want to give him just an opinion.
Hope you can help.
FLJ

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Fleetscale Bismark - Advice required from someone who's built one
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:06:24 pm »

FLJ,
Any idea what running gear he is using?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 03:16:29 pm »

Bob
Nope, but I'd guess he's using the stuff that Fleetscale supply as he has no models shops or even a club within about a squillion miles. Is there a better alternative?
FLJ

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:46:28 pm »

Hi I have a Fleetscale Bismark. I power mine via 2 Torpedo 800 on the outer shafts & a 500 on the middle shaft. Sitek props as recommended. Three speed controllers Electronize 43. The two outer shafts also have an Action mixer to help with turning.
Middle shaft only used for extra power in case needed to get out of trouble. If all three motors used she is slightly over scale speed.
All running on 12V.

Destroyer42
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.