Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clogged Spray Cans.  (Read 1762 times)

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
Clogged Spray Cans.
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:12:20 pm »

Is there a way to free up a clogged spray can.  The nozzle is clear, even tried one from another can.  The paint is
    a plastic primer which has not been used for a long time.  Nearly a full can so seems a shame to waste it.

I had a similar problem years ago with a new can of red.  Wouldn't spray so took it back to Halfords and explained to             
    Spotty youth at the till and went to get a replacement.  Returned to till just as Spotty was inserting something into
    the valve.   ::)  I managed to avoid the eruption which left Spotty's face, hands, clothes with a LOT more red spots.                   
    The till and surrounding area also matched.  The replacement can worked as normal.

Thanks, Alan.
Alan.

bigH

Re: Clogged Spray Cans.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:24:53 am »

Hi Alan, heres one way that I try, sometime it works, sometime not.     Take the can and stand it in a warm pot of water for about ten min; then give it a good shake for at least 5min;  lace the can in a plastic bag and seal it then turn the thing upside down and try it !.      if it still don't work I then use a blunt cocktail stick to prod away,
 as the bag will stop you turning technicolour.      Sorry about the posh words but my wife is looking and reminding me when I first did this  WITHOUT THE BAG.     
Harry

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 07:22:56 pm »

When mine clog up its usually because the paint is thicker on the top than it is at the bottom so i turn the can upside down and spray until it stops, usually a couple of seconds, the pressure inside the tin will mix it up a bit better.

Wetwater

• Full Mayhemer
  • My mind often wanders. Once it left completely.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 10:45:56 pm »

Thanks guys.  O0  I'll give it a try.  I did wonder if warming the can would help but thought I'd ask first.

Alan.
Alan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.