Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many Thanks  (Read 1949 times)

Tom Eccles

Many Thanks
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:27:55 am »

For reasons I have explained to Shipmate60 via p.m. I have decided to leave the Forum.

I would like to use this last post to offer my thanks to a few people.

Firstly, Martin for his foresight, drive and no small measure of patience in setting up this fantastic website. May it sail from strength to strength.

My thanks to the membership of this forum for providing me with help, advice and many laughs over the time of my membership.

I also wish to name and thank three people who have given me great help in my projects.

MikeK for his help in getting the "A" class boat started.

Full Leather Jacket who has been kind enough to take an idiot like me by the hand and guide me through the minefield that is electricery to the extent that I can connect his components together and be confident that they will work - no mean feat for me!

Lastly, John Elsey (Bluebird). John is a man of great skill and patience, a man who accepts ideas from others and is more than happy to acknowledge the source. He is a man who answers questions from all with no hint of condescension. A man with wonderful teaching skills and an inspiration to all who are new to the field of model making.

I wish all of you everything you wish yourselves

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
Re: Many Thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:44:42 am »

Your contributions to the forum have been valuable reading for so many of us. Whatever the reasons for your going, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's going to say that you'll be missed.

Whatever you're going to be doing, I wish you well. I hope that you may 'lurk' on these pages and maybe, if tempted, put a deserved spanner in some of our works!

Thanks
Andy
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:07:02 am »

Clegg, I have just read your posting, and, you above all people should not be the one to be leaving this Forum.    It is my friend, people like your goodself, who are the mainstay of this forum.  Whatever your reason is for wanting to leave the Forum, before you pull the actual plug, I urge you just to sit back and let a few days go by; and, whatever the problem may be - you will find the problem is not as bad as first it may  seem IT CAN BE OVERCOME.

Aye
john e
Bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:17:06 am »

Clegg,

I am saddened to hear of your decision. I urge you to reconsider. If there is anyway you may be able to stay with us, passing on your advise, anecdotes and generally being a friend to us all then please do. You will be missed if you do go. :'( :'(

Barry

OMK

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:55:08 pm »

Mr. Clegg, please pardon me for dropping in your mailbox uninvited.

I apologise for dropping in out of the blue, but I've just spent another night puking gallons of red stuff down the bog. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I tuned into Mayhem a few moments ago and found the announcement that you are leaving.
Shite!
Now before you wrap my knuckles, I make no apologies for the expletives, for that's how it feels.
I really have no intention of prying into your private affairs, and your reason for leaving is one that only you alone should know. But I can't help feeling that this is a sad day for Mayhemkind.
I don't know you personally, of course, but I've come to know at least SOMETHING about you. For instance, I know that your name is Tom, I know that you are colour blind and I know that you served King and country for a Godly few years. I also know that you are an engineer (ENGINEER, dammit!) - not to mention that cracking sense of humour of yourn. I follow your post with interest because you are one of the rare few with genuine integrity.
Like I said, your reason for deciding to pull the plug is absolutely none of my business. But can I ask you a question?... Your profile shows that you live in Southport. So does that mean your a bona-fida Scouser? If so, (pardon me if I'm talking out my bum here), but if so, then since when did a Scouser run from anything or anyone? (I'm assuming that someone has got up your nose, maybe?). On the other hand, it's possible that you're pulling the plug for reasons personal.
But do you want to know a little secret?
I was talking with another Mayhem'er just recently. Your name came into the conversation. Now there's no need for name dropping, or to discuss what the conversation was about. But it's only fair you should know that that particular member regards you highly as a genuine and decent bloke. And I think that goes for just about everyone else on the forum, too.
Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that you are a tad older than me? For what it's worth, I always look up to my elders - especially people like yourself. And if you really are leaving, then who else is there to keep bozos like me on the straight and narrow?

I had every intention of sending this to your personal mailbox, but it just dawned on me that you may have gone zippo already. So forgive me for broadcasting this on the open pages.
For what it's worth, whatever final decision is, you will still be respected.

I have to go, because I have a date with the bathroom.
In the meantime, I want to say thank you for all your contributions... all 238 of them.

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 02:22:03 pm »

Clegg, sorry to say: It`s always a bit sad to loose a well established member. Members like you make up the treasury of such a website. So I understand that you are having your personal reasons. Fine, fair enough and nobody will doubt that they have to be respected. It`s easy to leave, but if you feel "unwell" here at the moment- why not taking a "holiday" from the caht? (Just a clue).

Me, as a "Jonny Foreigner" had found very nice, helpfull and personal contacts here. Had some time as well when I was away... a long time away. But take from the sportive side- they always come back.

However, which decision you make: You don`t need to explain it. It is your life and your time. But just to let you know- some blokes will miss you.

Just my penny....

All the best,
Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 06:56:05 pm »

Clegg please dont do it I for one have read your postings and found them to be informative

DON'T DO IT

Stavros

Colin H

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 09:49:05 pm »

Clegg,

If only for your sense of humour and postings on the Joke's thread don't go mate.

Yours Colin H.
do every thing today tomorrow may not arrive.

supersonic

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 09:34:17 am »

Clegg, Please dont leave this excellent Forum,Your input has been enjoyed by so many.

Would some Stanforths Pies help you change your mind ?  O0

Dave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.