Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe S-130 props?  (Read 3297 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Robbe S-130 props?
« on: August 04, 2008, 01:31:59 pm »

Via email to Mayhem....

Hello,

I am buying an S-130 kit from Robbe. First, i have to thank you for the site about that kit. I have read it many times, and I have learned a lot about the model. I have a question and I hope you can help me. I intend to buy metallic propellers from http://www.raboesch.com/, catalogue 2, A-type cod 146-09 and 146-10, and i intend to change the rotation of one motor and is propeller, to be more realistic, and especially to counteract the steering to the right problems. So I will have 2 props to the right, and one to the left. I have seen that "The stern is an interesting shape - lopsided!". I would like to correct that. It is possible to make the stern equal? I will have 2 regulators, so i will run most of the time with the central propeller.

I also would like to ask you how long will keep the batteries running. Anyway I intend to buy 3 of them.
 Please excuse my bad English, im from Romania.

Any help will be really appreciated.
 Thank you very much,
Alex.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Robbe S-130 props?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:41:37 pm »

Hi Alex,

1. Yes the 3 motor / prop setup is scale-ish but totally not needed on this boat, mine was way over powered.
2. The stern / transom is 'lopsided" to help conteract the huge torque off the motors. as it's built into the hull,
    this problem must have come up very early in pre-production testing.
3. We used a standard 7.2volt Nicad / Nimi 2000mAH, that lasted about 10 minutes of blasting around the lake....

My build here:
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Builds/S130/1ndex.htm
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

u1326

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 05:45:49 pm »

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking to cut the hull evenly in both sides, to try to make it straight.

U-1326

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:36:12 pm »

That sound like a lot of work , especially on a hull that's not really scale anyway!
Most people didn't notice the "lean" on our finished model unless we pointed it out.

Less work might be to try fill out the shallow side of the hull with balsa and/or lite filler.....

u1326

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:26:35 am »

This looks like a better option.
 Thank you, U-1326

u1326

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:08:13 am »

I have another question, if I may:

I have found the propellors on the internet. The one with 3 blades, fits perfectly to the modell. But i like very much the one with 5 blades. How do you think the modell will run with the ones with 5 blades? What would you do?

Thank you for the help,
 U-1326

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 11:20:40 am »

would look good with prop shop items.

when only the best will do and all that.
in my own little world

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 12:12:07 pm »

Personally, get the model built first. You can tweak and play around with the props afterwards!  O0

u1326

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 01:04:49 pm »

Thank you. I will take time to build themodell. I dont want to rush it, I just want to make it good. But i have to buy the propellors, thats why I have asked. I will also buy the shaft for them, because they look better quallity than Robbe's. Thats why i need an advice. It will run better with 5 blades? Or they will do cavity or something?

Thank you,
U-1326

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 01:29:42 pm »

If you are going to change the prop shafts, go for quality (stainless steel) M4 propshafts.
Leave yourself clearance for 40mm props (about 22-25mm from shaft to hull).

have you started yet?

u1326

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 01:41:24 pm »

I have found the props at raboesch.com .(I dont now if im allowed to give infos like that here). I have start the cut, and i haven't done any gluing yet. I need the shafts, because the ones from robbe have plastic lagers. The ones from raboesch are full metal, and the props are made of brass.

Thank you.
U-1326
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 23 queries.