Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Higgins Hellcat  (Read 26074 times)

andyn

Re: Higgins Hellcat
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2008, 08:45:55 pm »

I had to email the bloke who runs it, who put them all into a PDF file for me, if you you want it, just say and I'll email it to you O0

One word of warning though, each page is around 80 inches by 50 inches  ???

Still haven't got any pics/ vids of it running, shall have to sort that soon

andrewh

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 01:48:50 am »

I feel increasingly modest about my rather non-scale HellKit, but plunge on in the genuine knowledge that it was inspired by Glyn's plan and is a lot of fun!

She got her Aleutian splinter colour scheme, and a trial run with camera on the local canal  - the pictures and video clips are not of the best, but give the idea of the speed and fun available.

There is an old bloke talking on the video clips - pay him no mind :)

There is an open album in Photobucket with video clips
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd159/andrewh_photo/Hellcat/?special_track=nav_album_album

I am still trying to discover how to embed video clips in posts, so's they appear as a picture - will try this
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd159/andrewh_photo/Hellcat/?action=view&current=Hellcatmov1.flv

andrew

andrewh

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2008, 07:38:46 pm »

's After some family discussion my son has picked the project boat - it will be a 78 foot Higgins from Peter Miller's plan

Build has commenced - is a swift and simple fashion
Would we like a build log?
What will we power it with?

andyn

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2008, 07:53:26 pm »

If its 78 foot long, you'l need one huge motor in it, and some very expensive Li-Po's   ::)

How big is it? Scale or speed?

Yes we would like a build log, although in a different thread, because if it was in here that would be a paradox so big my head would explode  {-) Good luck with it  O0

Andy (going off to celebrate his massive wit and intelligence =] )

andyn

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2008, 04:25:30 pm »

Finally got some half decent moving shots. Very little light available and was taken with one hand operating throttle and the other taking photos. Stuck one of my car racing batterys in it and it jumped out of the water & nearly rolled over, so was throttled back and driven more consiously, with slow acceleration etc.

BreezyB

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2008, 03:34:56 pm »

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread by GG, the pics and video info has been very helpful. The Hellcat "duo" Andrewh and Andyn are streets ahead of me in build progress but at least I can incorporate some of the ideas and suggestions into my Hellcat at my leasure!!. Nice work , chaps !!  O0
Barrie.

andyn

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 03:50:05 pm »

If you are making an appearance at Mayhem At Llanberis, be sure to look for the gazebo with Bill Warder's giant red makara in it, the Hellcat shall be residing in there.

Good luck with your build  O0

Andy

p.s offer is still open to email the reference plans to people ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.